PDA

View Full Version : Idle only after take off

wadesns
July 25th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I have been fighting an ongoing thing and am finally throwing in the towel :doh2: I have changed my spark in the idle regions and desired airflow tables and can not determine why I have issues with idle before take off. Example, In the mornings I back out of my garage constantly feathering the gas. I live on a hill so if I let out on the clutch and coast to the bottom ie. 0% tps then drive up the other side to the end of my driveway the truck idles fine. lets say I go to the store pull in lot still idles perfect. but if I cut off the truck then start it directly no idle it cuts off ever time. Any ideas on what is resetting every time i cycle the ignition? tune attached along with log of short drive ignore last bit of data was watching temps with a/c on and new radiator :grin:

limited cv8r
July 26th, 2011, 02:02 PM
What mods are done to this vehicle.It looks as though you are running CLSD. Your desired airflow table is "really high", how did you end up with these numbers? Also the injector flow rate figures are fairly high as well, what injectors are you running? You could also try bringing your high octane and base spark numbers closer together to smooth out your idle, 27* at idle is probably a bit high. You will also need to remember to do TPS resets if playing with throttle blade to get your IAC steps and airflow in line. You also need to run open loop to tune your VE correctly and reset your trims.

wadesns
July 26th, 2011, 03:44 PM
4" stroke ported heads ls6 intake trickflow cam 42lb injector headers under drive pulleys pistons rods dual 3" exhaust with cats and spintechs, are you saying it looks like I am running closed based on tune or scan? when you say change base spark and high octane which are you saying to change? stock tb if I command iac to 115 it will idle before a drive. desired airflow was changed by adding 5 g/sec until I tuned in ve which i thought was good using auto ve but after pasting good ve table back into base tune this is the problems I ended up with. Thanks for your help
..RJ..

limited cv8r
July 26th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Closed loop bassed on {b4205}Closed loop temp enable still being stock settings.Did you follow the Auto VE Tutorial? Did you think that you were running open loop? Bring your High/Low spark tables closer to your Base tables for less hunting at idle and a smoother transition from your base to High/Low tables. Remember that you are running mafless so you will be using the Low octane spark table unless you upgrade to a COS. I have attached an injector spreadsheet for you to use, just make sure you click the Efilive tab, not HPT. You still also have fuel trims enabled which will be screwing with your data.
Is this a tune you have developed or a tune from somewhere/somebody else?

wadesns
July 26th, 2011, 11:05 PM
I have been running autove in the past but just recently tried going to the next step when you cut and paste your ve table into the original tune which I thought was when you went back to closed loop Sd. Please correct me if I have done this incorrectly but I think that I have followed the directions closely. Thanks for the injector spread sheet. I will change things around with it and the spark after work tonight, and this is a tune that I have derived myself, mostly from reading post from on here asking an occasional question and some guidance from others. It started as a 2000 a4 ecm but I just recently reflashed to a 2002 m6 so that I could upgrade to a COS if I decided to at a later date :)