PDA

View Full Version : no licenses available???

mstordahl
July 26th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Just upgraded my v2 to tune my duramax as well as my cummins, bought it for the cummins first then just bought the upgrade. I entered the info as it was given, but when I try to license the ecm it says that there are no licenses available. If I look in the v2 licensing tab, there are 2 unused in there, any reason that it is not working for me?

TIA!

Tordne
July 26th, 2011, 06:23 PM
If you connect your FlashScan v2 to your PC and open the V7.5 Tune Tool, then go to the 'Help->FlashScan v2 / AutoCal V2 VIN Licensing' menu option, then change to the Upgrades tab are both the GM and Cummins codes greyed out (disabled)? If not then you have not entered the upgrade code for the particular tuning option (GM or Cummins) and that will be the issue.

mstordahl
July 27th, 2011, 12:50 AM
Both are greyed out just as you say, everything seems to be good, but it will not let me use the licenses. I am going to talk to my dealer today about it to se if we can get it sorted out. Let me know if you have any other ideas, and thanks!

AFTERMATH DIESEL
August 3rd, 2011, 12:44 PM
I am going to go back and look through my notes. I had tuned every diesel ECM except for an Lly until that point. I know I was told I needed to license everytime I attempted a full flash. I would go back into my licenses and still see that I had like 6 available. I reloaded a previous update and it worked. Sorry I can't remember off the top of my head what exactly I had to do.

Did you resolve this already? Just curious I have two Lly to do next week and I'm trying to read up the best I can the last one really threw me through the ringer with all sorts of issues.

mstordahl
August 22nd, 2011, 11:15 AM
Sorry, should have replied to this sooner. It was a problem between myself and the dealer that sold me the new licenses and upgrade. Thanks for the replies though!