PDA

View Full Version : cannot view log files after closing and reopening program

anarchydiesel
July 28th, 2011, 01:34 AM
When I record a log file on a cummins truck, I can replay it as much as I want so long as I dont exit the program. If I close the scan tool and try to reopen a cummins log file I cannot select the proper Pids to view the log the only pids that come up are gm type pids? any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

joecar
July 28th, 2011, 01:52 AM
When I record a log file on a cummins truck, I can replay it as much as I want so long as I dont exit the program. If I close the scan tool and try to reopen a cummins log file I cannot select the proper Pids to view the log the only pids that come up are gm type pids? any ideas on what I am doing wrong?The log file stores the pids, you don't have to select any pids to view it...

post a screenshot...

What V7 and V8 software build versions are you at...?
What V2 bootblock and software versions are you at...?

anarchydiesel
July 28th, 2011, 02:13 AM

This is going to be a little hard to see, I have installed the pre-release from last night and the HAPI says that everything is up to date

joecar
July 28th, 2011, 02:27 AM
Are you at V7 build 173 and V8 build 162...?

Are you at bootblock 2.07.03 and firmware 2.07.16...?

Do not use the update, do a manual install instead.

Also, did you do:
- File->Enter VIN and enter your VIN,
- File->Select Controller and select your ECM.

anarchydiesel
July 28th, 2011, 02:29 AM
checked and all my versions, bootblock and firmware are up to date, but I have not entered the vin and selected the ecm I did not realize this was needed and is probably where my problem is.