PDA

View Full Version : A lot of PID's missing

joshp14
July 28th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I upgraded to the new software 7.5.7 Build 170. I am attempting to log misfires, but for some reason the PID's are gone. It also seems as if the PID list has been cut in half. None of the GM PID's are there anymore (IE GM.KR). Even the 'Misfire' selection in the system dropdown (shown in pic) is gone too. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I unselected the "Supported" checkbox. This software update has been hell for me.

Thanks for the help.

Josh

joecar
July 28th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Hi Josh,

There's a new software build, do a manual install from Pre-Release-Update-July-27-2011 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16919-Pre-Release-Update-July-27-2011)

Install both V7 and V8 from there, and then also install V2 bootblock 2.07.03 and firmware 2.07.16.

joshp14
July 28th, 2011, 12:31 PM
i already have v8 installed. whats the point of having v8 installed? do i uninstall both programs then install manually? i literally updated everything last week to the newest stuff and thats when i started having problems with the PID selections. I cant even do any autove because all of the PID's arent there to select. Will this update FIX my problem?

joecar
July 28th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Do you want your pids to reappear...? :) uninstall and then install V7 manually (i.e. do not do the update).

Why do you need V8...? So you can install the newer firmware, this makes your V2 firmware version compatible with your V7 build version.

Do you have these installed:
- V7 build 173
- V8 build 162
- V2 bootblock 2.07.03
- V2 firmware 2.07.16

Why else do you want V8...? So you can do BBL and BBF (i.e. avoids the need to have laptop in car).

:) :)

joshp14
July 28th, 2011, 01:13 PM
ok uninstalled V7 and V8. Reinstalled with the links provided above and then updated boot block and firmware.

I still have the same problem. Apparently I'm doing something wrong....

06redram
July 28th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Do you want your pids to reappear...? :) uninstall and then install V7 manually (i.e. do not do the update).

Why do you need V8...? So you can install the newer firmware, this makes your V2 firmware version compatible with your V7 build version.

Do you have these installed:
- V7 build 173
- V8 build 162
- V2 bootblock 2.07.03
- V2 firmware 2.07.16

Why else do you want V8...? So you can do BBL and BBF (i.e. avoids the need to have laptop in car).

:) :)

Hey Joecar, can cummins bbl and bbf

joshp14
July 28th, 2011, 01:39 PM
Once installed, is there something else I have to do to get these PID's to show up? I tried the 'validate PID's' in the info drop down but no luck.

joecar
July 28th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Hey Joecar, can cummins bbl and bbfNot that I know yet.

joecar
July 28th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Once installed, is there something else I have to do to get these PID's to show up? I tried the 'validate PID's' in the info drop down but no luck.Do this:
- connect scantool to vehicle,
- File->Connect,
- File->Enter VIN,
- File->Select Controller,
- Info->Validate PIDs,

does it see pids now...?

What year/model/vehicle...?

06redram
July 28th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Not that I know yet.

Thanks

GMPX
July 28th, 2011, 03:54 PM
BBF has been testing and working on the Cummins, BBL not yet.

06redram
July 28th, 2011, 04:13 PM
BBF has been testing and working on the Cummins, BBL not yet.

Thank you GMPX and Joecar for the quick reply

ScarabEpic22
July 29th, 2011, 02:02 AM
Once installed, is there something else I have to do to get these PID's to show up? I tried the 'validate PID's' in the info drop down but no luck.

Did you do this with the FlashScan hooked up to your car/truck and the key on? Plus were you connected to the ECM/PCM (green button in the upper left of the scan tool). You have to be connected to the vehicle to validate the PIDs.

macca33
July 30th, 2011, 02:17 PM
I just encoutered this after upgrading to the latest version using the 'auto update' feature. I lost a heap of GM.pids and all of my calc.pids.

Put simply, you need to do the manual update and re-verify the pids when hooked up to the car, to ensure they work correctly.

I certainly scratched the old noggin for a while over this one this morning....

cheers

joshp14
July 31st, 2011, 11:01 AM
Yes I tried it the way Joecar mentioned via the File and Info dropdowns at top. Yes the scan tool was connected to the vehicle, key on engine off. I know I'm connected because the VIN is reading at bottom of screen. I've tried on an 01 Firebird and a 00 Camaro, same problem on both cars.

macca33
July 31st, 2011, 12:20 PM
Sorry mate, your isusue is far beyond my capability - I was just happy that mine all returned for me.

Good luck with yours.

cheers

ScarabEpic22
July 31st, 2011, 05:07 PM
Dont use auto update, download the latest software and uninstall all previous efilive stuff before you install it. Look in the updates section of the forum, theres a thread dated july 29th and has updates posted today (july 31st) in it.

joecar
July 31st, 2011, 11:15 PM
Dont use auto update, download the latest software and uninstall all previous efilive stuff before you install it. Look in the updates section of the forum, theres a thread dated july 29th and has updates posted today (july 31st) in it.Do what Erik said, manual install, if it asks you to perform a firmware update just say no.

Pre-Release-Update-July-29-2011 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16919-Pre-Release-Update-July-29-2011)