PDA

View Full Version : E40 2bar!

Highlander
July 30th, 2011, 12:20 PM
RossThank you,After not seeing the patches in the operating system section, i thought i had to use hptuners pos for this gto!But! There it was! 2bar mod!!!

GMPX
July 30th, 2011, 07:59 PM
No problem, it's been there for about four years now :doh2:

ScarabEpic22
July 31st, 2011, 05:53 PM
But there is a bug in it (or the ECM) that limits the max VE to like 139 or 149%, above that it reverts down.

GMPX
July 31st, 2011, 06:16 PM
Not a bug, the VE % is not really a good way of viewing the table (IMHO). In the native units the E40 is limited in value because of the scaling GM used, 149% = $FFFF hex, is that what you mean?

Cheers,
Ross

L31Sleeper
July 31st, 2011, 09:16 PM
Can this be avoided by using different units ??

-Justin

GMPX
July 31st, 2011, 11:17 PM
No, the units are irrelevant, $FFFF is still the maximum. It's the exact same issue as the early E38 injector scaling range, that's just how GM did it.

ScarabEpic22
August 1st, 2011, 05:04 AM
Not a bug, the VE % is not really a good way of viewing the table (IMHO). In the native units the E40 is limited in value because of the scaling GM used, 149% = $FFFF hex, is that what you mean?

Cheers,
Ross

Ah yes, it was 149% then. I try not to use %, but for the P10 thats my only option so its what my tune tool defaults to.

No, the units are irrelevant, $FFFF is still the maximum. It's the exact same issue as the early E38 injector scaling range, that's just how GM did it.

Dang, was hoping it was avoidable using other units but if its a hard limit then it makes sense you cant.

Might be a good idea to change the Boost VE table to make that be the max, currently it lets you input numbers up to 500% but they change to 149% when you save the changes. No point showing a max of 500% if all you can actually get is 149%.

L31Sleeper
August 1st, 2011, 07:31 AM
Could the operating system be revised to overcome this issue ?

-Justin

GMPX
August 1st, 2011, 01:18 PM
Could the operating system be revised to overcome this issue ?
By GM yes, by us no :grin:
We did look at something similar for the E38 injector flow but it is a major, major deal to contemplate such a change. Certainly not something that you would consider doing without having the source code to recompile as 'every' variable that references those calculations would also need to be changed.

Highlander
February 15th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Got hit by this limit today... I had to hack the PE TABLE!!!! :wallbash:

Next time... I will rescale the injectors AGAIN! Tables where rescaled to 1/2!!!

Needless to say we made 818rwhp@15psi boost.