PDA

View Full Version : Weird behavior tuning and scanning

Naf
July 30th, 2011, 09:11 PM
Ever since i updated i have had issues uploading tunes to the point they say that the bootloader was rejected. Other times with the ignition switch off the tune will "upload" which is also incorrect. Also if i scan then try and tune, even after i dissconnect the scannin software, i will be promted that it is still connected and cannot continue till it is resolved.

I have to closethe tuning software then open it again...

Lastly today i am totally unable to scan my ecm

Whats goin on here do i have to get a HP tuner?

joecar
July 31st, 2011, 08:09 AM
Hi Naf,

Download V7 and V8 from here Pre-Release-Update-July-29-2011 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16919-Pre-Release-Update-July-29-2011) and manually install those;

then update your V2 firmware to 2.07.18.

Let me know if this fixes your problem or not.

joecar
July 31st, 2011, 08:34 AM

Whats goin on here do i have to get a HP tuner?You know that EFILive always gets any problems sorted out.

[ BTW: what is the story with the bunny in your avatar...? ]

Naf
July 31st, 2011, 05:49 PM
You know that EFILive always gets any problems sorted out.

[ BTW: what is the story with the bunny in your avatar...? ]

Well i still have a SD issue, but i cannot seem to let go of my unit for it to be shipped for repairs...

The bunny was copied off of someone else, HOWEVER, i can relate it him with his endless battle.

Naf
July 31st, 2011, 05:53 PM
Hi Naf,

Download V7 and V8 from here Pre-Release-Update-July-29-2011 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16919-Pre-Release-Update-July-29-2011) and manually install those;

then update your V2 firmware to 2.07.18.

Let me know if this fixes your problem or not.

I will give it a try...Thanx for the help

joecar
August 1st, 2011, 12:13 AM
SD as in SD card...?

Which particular SD card are you using...?

What problem are you seeing with the SD card...?

Naf
August 1st, 2011, 09:18 PM
SD as in SD card...?

Which particular SD card are you using...?

What problem are you seeing with the SD card...?

I am using any with less than 2gb capacity...

The device just does not see the card regardless of anything...

Also my scanning mode is still not working, i am unable to see the ECM parameters while the engine is runnin. I am very interested to know if my tb is displayin 99-100% now or not

Blacky
August 2nd, 2011, 09:22 AM
Using the V8 Scan and Tune software, select the F6 Devices tab page. Then with FlashScan connected to your PC, click the [Read] button.
Make sure the File System is set to Automatic as per the first image.

Then when your SD Card is inserted, make sure the FlashScan screen displays the type of SD Card that is inserted, as per the second image.
If you don't see any change to the indicator in the lower left corner of FlashScan's display when an SD Card is inserted/removed then there may be a fault with the SD Card slot in your FlashScan device.

If FlashScan does reliably detect that an SD Card is being inserted/removed, then perform an SD Card test using the following options:
Warning all data on the SD Card will be erased and you will need to reformat the SD Card once the test is complete
F4->F4->F4, click OK, select Option 3 (SD Card test) by pressing the button with [3] on it (i.e. the right arrow).
That was just from memory as I don't have a FlashScan device with me. The procedure may be slightly different to what I described.

Depending on your firmware revision, the third F4 option may be hidden and not appear as an option, just press F4 anyway.

Regards
Paul

Naf
August 2nd, 2011, 07:08 PM
tried thhose before with no success, need to send my unit in for repairs, but as mentioned i cant let mine go till i get my cars to run right...

joecar
August 4th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Also my scanning mode is still not working, i am unable to see the ECM parameters while the engine is runnin. I am very interested to know if my tb is displayin 99-100% now or notIs this with the V7 scantool or with the V2 BBL...?

Naf
August 4th, 2011, 08:29 PM
V2 bbl.

I have updated myy pids to reflect the e38 ecm and it works more offen now this iis very weird behavior ffrom the v2. Also I lost the ability to control spark advance inn dvt mode whatt gives?.

joecar
August 6th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Your V2 is behaving very strangely.

Can you post screenshots of DVT where you can't control spark...?