PDA

View Full Version : FJO Wideband & EFIlive?

67SS509
January 8th, 2006, 11:57 AM
Just got my EFIlive and coming up to speed on using it. Great so far! Have been blackbox logging some runs and now I want to use my FJO wideband with it. Will I be able to actually wire the FJO to the side connections and configure a volts vs. O2 PID file to accept it? Or will I have to buy a different wideband?

Dirk Diggler
January 8th, 2006, 01:10 PM
I am running the FJO i set up the output for .5-4.5 volts and the formula for the calc pid is afr=v*2+8.75. Happy tuning

67SS509
January 8th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Hey...thanks for the reply. The output from my FJO controller is a serial cable with 4 wires. Black, Red, White and Green. Can you tell me which colors connect to which connectors on the black box. I might just have to send you a 6-pack!:cheers:

Black02SS
January 8th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Hey...thanks for the reply. The output from my FJO controller is a serial cable with 4 wires. Black, Red, White and Green. Can you tell me which colors connect to which connectors on the black box. I might just have to send you a 6-pack!:cheers:
He likes Bud Light... :)

Dirk Diggler
January 9th, 2006, 02:27 AM

Ill look when i get home but the wire that powers the wideband has to blank pins onei s ground and the other is the signal. use some of the wire and pins they sent with the kit to add your outputs on the other two spots on the power cable and you will be golden

67SS509
January 9th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Ill look when i get home but the wire that powers the wideband has to blank pins onei s ground and the other is the signal. use some of the wire and pins they sent with the kit to add your outputs on the other two spots on the power cable and you will be golden

Guess I was not looking on the right end of the controller. On the input cable...plain as day....ground and analog output! You must have the newer controller that you can adjust the output to read .5 to 4.5. Mine is older and will not do that. Guess I'm going to have to reconfigure EFIlive PID to accept it.

Dirk Diggler
January 9th, 2006, 06:21 AM
the older controler is a non-linear output GOOD LUCK with that(ihad one too). You can call FJO and have them upgrade it to the newer style box which is programable and accepts both sensors (Ive trashed 3 ntk's allready and its getting expensive) the bosch sensor being 80+ to aquire from them.

67SS509
January 10th, 2006, 01:41 PM
the older controler is a non-linear output GOOD LUCK with that(ihad one too). You can call FJO and have them upgrade it to the newer style box which is programable and accepts both sensors (Ive trashed 3 ntk's allready and its getting expensive) the bosch sensor being 80+ to aquire from them.

Did you ever get your old one to work and if so what was the formula for conversion?

Thanks

Dirk Diggler
January 11th, 2006, 12:59 AM
Nope i sure didnt by the time FS was available they offered an upgrade and I sprung for that instead of fighting with it. I think the upgrade is about 75.00 bux and will allow you to run both the NTK and Bosch sensor. Your existing NTK will have to be snet to them so the cable end can be upgraded