PDA

View Full Version : Lost. LS1 throttle translation table

Eric Schieb
August 2nd, 2011, 03:56 PM
I am having a hard time finding the table that converts GM.APP (pedal position) into GM.TPDES (desired TP). We want to change the throttle feel. Is it available?

The customer has a 2001 Corvette Z06. This is my first project with EFILive.

thanks,

Eric Schieb
Electron Speed

joecar
August 4th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Hi Eric,plug your V2 into your PC, then start the tunetool, look under Engine Calibration, see the red folders.

Eric Schieb
August 11th, 2011, 02:38 AM
No luck yet. (see the attached picture of plugged in V2 and screen)

licensing?
need to also be connected to the car? (not an option before I am on the dyno with the customer)
ETC stuff is not save in *.tun files?
?

thanks,

Eric Schieb

ScarabEpic22
August 11th, 2011, 03:07 AM
Licensing MUST be done with the V2 connected to the car, the laptop is optional now if the controller is supported using standalone flashing with your V2. Last I checked it wasnt available for the LS1 PCM, but looking at the files in the V8 folder I believe it is now. That said, you can read and modify the tune without licensing it, only when you flash a new controller (one you havent licensed before) will it prompt you to license the PCM/ECM/TCM to your V2.

You need to save the file as a .ctd before you copy it to your V2.

Taz
August 11th, 2011, 04:24 AM
Hello Eric,

The screen shot you posted was helpful. V7.5 had opened the tune file without recognizing the presence of your V2. There should be a "red" folder directly below the "Traction Control" folder called "Electronic Throttle" - this is the one you have been asking about. The electronic throttle folder will have 4 subfolders within it.

Either the V2 had not completely "booted" before you opened V7.5 (not just the tune file, the V7.5 software itself), or your laptop fails (or sporadically fails) to recognize the V2 unit.

From your desktop screen - no software open - when you plug the V2 into a USB port - do all of the lights come on below the V2 display, then after a few seconds the V2 screen itself becomes active ?

Try closing all software on your laptop - plug in the V2 - wait until it "boots" - then let it sit in a steady state for 5 minutes or so, then open the V7.5 software, then open your Z06 tune file.

Regards,
Taz

ScarabEpic22
August 11th, 2011, 07:02 AM
I thought so too Taz, but if you look at the full flash icon it IS illuminated which points to the V2 being plugged in prior to opening the tune file...

joecar
August 11th, 2011, 03:23 PM
That's weird...

did you plug your V2 into your PC before starting the tunetool...?

did you go Help->Register EFILive and enter the information from the blue card (watch out, date is non-US format)...?

I pm'd Tech Support.

Which versions of V7 and V8 software do you have installed...?

Which V2 bootblock/firmware versions do you have installed...?

Blacky
August 11th, 2011, 03:26 PM
One of the recent changes to the V7 software was to fix a problem that caused the red folders to not appear when used with any recently manufactured FlashScan cable (within the last 3-4 months).
So make sure you are using the latest V7 release candidate software available here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16989-Release-Candidate-1-Aug-04-2011

Regards
Paul

Eric Schieb
August 12th, 2011, 09:33 AM
The V2 was plugged in first. I am now at the car (with the customer) and experiencing the same thing. I have now noticed the note from Blacky and am downloading the updates.

wish me luck,

Eric Schieb

Eric Schieb
August 12th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Blacky appears to have gotten this one. His link revealed a software that showed the parameters I was after.

thanks,

Eric Schieb

joecar
August 12th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Ok cool, glad it's working :cheers: