PDA

View Full Version : question about calc.vet and PE mode

Crunkmaro
August 3rd, 2011, 01:15 PM
--i am still on stock nb02s...

can i change table b3616- pe mode enable (98 pcm) to 100%...would that allow me to use the data i log without having to use a filter?

mr.prick
August 3rd, 2011, 11:35 PM
--i am still on stock nb02s...

can i change table b3616- pe mode enable (98 pcm) to 100%...would that allow me to use the data i log without having to use a filter?

Don't do this.
Turning off PE is never a good idea. :doh2:

You still need to filter other things out anyways.

Taz
August 4th, 2011, 12:31 AM
Mr. Prick is correct ... disabling PE is not without risk. That said, I will sometimes tune with PE disabled - BUT, I keep a very close eye on the WBO during this time. Also, I limit the engine run time once at operating temperature - to prevent overheating the CATs, and / or causing damage by operating at stoich rather than enriched. If I'm working on the higher RPM / load portion of the tune - I also limit the number of WOT pulls (no more than 4) - spaced at intervals to allow for some cooling of the combustion chambers / pistons.

Regards,
Taz

Crunkmaro
August 4th, 2011, 02:43 AM
thanks guys.

taz and mr.prick...the way you guys tune is WAY out of my abilities.

i'll stick to trying the calc.vet tutorial. i probably shouldn't step outside my abilities quite yet.

i can't seem to get enough CL counts for the CL filter to operate on the VE map. damn this city driving.!

joecar
August 4th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Post screenshots of your map before and after filtering.

Crunkmaro
August 4th, 2011, 01:08 PM
posting map in "my quest to tune" thread...