PDA

View Full Version : A0014 Iat ve modifier purpose?

nathans1987
August 3rd, 2011, 04:34 PM
In cos 3 this table is given to help control afr temperature fluctuations i assume? I was thinking tho the pcm takes the iat reading and the ECT reading and uses blend table depending on airspeed to predict cylinder air temp, rather mass so it can give accurate fueling. Unless its there for protection?

That also brings me to my other question in lsx engines from what i have read as temp rises afr leans(which i experience at times to) off which doesn't make sense because air is expanding it has less fuel needs and should be tending rich. Could this be due to fuel temperature? as the fuel warms its expanding and energy potential going down faster than oxygen(cant think of word i want) amount is being reduced??? Or is fuel basically always the same temp when its injected. I don't think there is a table for fuel temp?

Just a novice pondering.
Thanks Nathan.

joecar
August 4th, 2011, 09:42 AM
A0014 directly modifies VE as IAT varies.

The dynamic air temperature (DAT) blending of IAT/ECT is used for the "ideal gas law" (IGL) calculations of cylinder airmass from VE and/or MAF...

i.e. A0014 modifies the VE table, and DAT is used for IGL calculations (which may use the modified VE table).

nathans1987
August 4th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I thought it was as the intake temp warmed, up it said IAT.

joecar
August 6th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Oh, my bad, yes you're right, please see my corrected post above. :doh2: