PDA

View Full Version : how do you do a clutch pedle relearn ?

restless@westnet.com.au
August 4th, 2011, 04:17 PM
hi
i would like some info on how to do a clutch relearn and vat relearn on an E38 L98 Manuel Ute
do you connect up as if you were doing pass through logging ? with the 5.7 scan tool on the laptop and v2 connected to the car with ignition ON ??

if so then what ??

thanks in advance for any info

i have a friend that is having starting problems , the first time you turn the key it just clicks and nothing more ,if you remove the key or turn it back of it usually starts the second or third time
it all so throws some codes PO 513 PO573 PO606 and goes in limp mode now and again
i have done a DTC freeze frame i could email
he has had Holden fit a new starter motor ,battery,and a new key $$$$$$ as its out of warrenty by a couple of months
the only mods are a ozrack mafless tune but it was going OK with that till up to a a couple of weeks ago
Steve sent a new tune
to tray to fix the issue but no luck
the next thing is the clutch , VAT relearn
and a voltage check from the alternator to the battery ?

thanks bob

GMPX
August 4th, 2011, 04:24 PM
P0606 "ECM/PCM Processor Internal Fault"
P0513 "Incorrect Immobilizer Key"
P0573 "Cruise Control Brake Switch Circuit 1 High Voltage"

P0606 & P0513 indicate an ECM corruption issue. Did Holden happen to relfash the ECM?

restless@westnet.com.au
August 4th, 2011, 05:02 PM
P0606 "ECM/PCM Processor Internal Fault"
P0513 "Incorrect Immobilizer Key"
P0573 "Cruise Control Brake Switch Circuit 1 High Voltage"

P0606 & P0513 indicate an ECM corruption issue. Did Holden happen to relfash the ECM?

not as far as im aware as they said it would wipe the oztrack tune
so my friend said no to that at this stage
i know we could reflash it after
but they said ( holden )they would have to send his ECM away to have it reprogramed or replaced
its not locked by the way

restless@westnet.com.au
August 4th, 2011, 06:01 PM
is there some where in the teratoreals that explain the DVT (f12 ) most of the exampelry windows dont show the DVT box ?

GMPX
August 4th, 2011, 07:36 PM
I don't think it will fix your problem, P0606 indicates something is wrong with the ECM. It's probably the same cause as the P0513 DTC.

Clutch learn can be done by the following steps (note, I've never actually done this on a car).
With the scantool connected to the car and the IGN on.
Choose the E38 from the DVT drop down list and click the 'Activate' button.
Click on the 'ECM Setup' tab.
Press the clutch fully in.
Click the 'Clutch Pedal Learn Reset' button in the DVT panel.
Let the clutch out.
Click the 'De-Activate' button.
IGN off for 20 seconds.

That should do it. But I don't think it will work based on the codes you have there.
Note, there is a DTC that is set when the clutch pedal is not learnt, you don't have that. Just an observation.

Cheers,
Ross

restless@westnet.com.au
August 4th, 2011, 08:00 PM
thanks Ross
ill try it any way it doesn't throw the po606 and po513 all the time( only once to my knowledge ) mainly it just doesn't start when when you turn the key the first time
the only code is the po102 maf less one
Holden say there's a file missing in the ecm but they cant flash it back in it has to be sent away ?? not sure if they know what there talking about listening to the service manager
steve oztrack says there's nothing wrong with the OS
what is the DTC for for the clutch pedal ?
could the immobilizer anti theft need a relearn how is that done( please )
what i notice is IF i start it i kick the clutch in hard it starts every time first go but does a little click first then starts

thanks BOB

GMPX
August 4th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Holden say there's a file missing in the ecm but they cant flash it back in it has to be sent away ?? not sure if they know what there talking about listening to the service manager
If they told you that as the reason then the statement in bold is true.

Dieselman
August 4th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Don't know if you have tried this but it might be worth a go. Disable the depress clutch to start parameter. This MAY fix your clutch issues :)

Cheers

Ben

GMPX
August 4th, 2011, 11:09 PM
Ben, the only danger with that is if you attempt to start it in gear the starter keeps turning over for a few seconds, it can be dangerous (hence the warning).

Dieselman
August 4th, 2011, 11:24 PM
Ben, the only danger with that is if you attempt to start it in gear the starter keeps turning over for a few seconds, it can be dangerous (hence the warning).

Yes correct I should have stated that in my post :doh2:

restless@westnet.com.au
August 8th, 2011, 11:32 AM
I don't think it will fix your problem, P0606 indicates something is wrong with the ECM. It's probably the same cause as the P0513 DTC.

Clutch learn can be done by the following steps (note, I've never actually done this on a car).
With the scantool connected to the car and the IGN on.
Choose the E38 from the DVT drop down list and click the 'Activate' button.
Click on the 'ECM Setup' tab.
Press the clutch fully in.
Click the 'Clutch Pedal Learn Reset' button in the DVT panel.
Let the clutch out.
Click the 'De-Activate' button.
IGN off for 20 seconds.

That should do it. But I don't think it will work based on the codes you have there.
Note, there is a DTC that is set when the clutch pedal is not learnt, you don't have that. Just an observation.

Cheers,
Ross

ok when i do as discribed you get the message unknown DVTmessage 777 when you depress the clutch ? and the bar goes red

how do you know if the the relearn is succesfully done

GMPX
August 8th, 2011, 01:45 PM
There is no confirmation from the ECM if the process was successful, apart from the DTC goes away.
The fact you are getting the bar going red with an error indicates it's not working and the ECM is rejecting the request. But, as I have mentioned several times, P0606 is a major issue and probably has to do with the clutch learn not working either.

restless@westnet.com.au
August 8th, 2011, 01:49 PM
There is no confirmation from the ECM if the process was successful, apart from the DTC goes away.
The fact you are getting the bar going red with an error indicates it's not working and the ECM is rejecting the request. But, as I have mentioned several times, P0606 is a major issue and probably has to do with the clutch learn not working either.

well Steve turned the clutch sensor off in the tune as well
it fixed IT for a few starts but it still plays up now and again not as much THOUGH
the only code we get now is po 513 unknown immobilizer key

Tre-Cool
August 8th, 2011, 07:11 PM
sounds like a wrong version ecu in the car?

sounds like a similar situation i had when i was running an 05/06 ecu in an 09 model car while the ecu was sent away for unlocking.

restless@westnet.com.au
August 8th, 2011, 07:52 PM
ecm is the original oem one
with just a maffless tune

GMPX
August 8th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Bob,

Do you have you the original tune as read from the car and can you read the tune now?
If yes please send both to support@efilive.com , I'll take a look at what's going on.

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
August 9th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Bob, there is some strange things with the files you sent.
They both have different VIN's and they are from different ECM's. What is the VIN of the car? Ending in 745 or 928?

restless@westnet.com.au
August 11th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Bob, there is some strange things with the files you sent.
They both have different VIN's and they are from different ECM's. What is the VIN of the car? Ending in 745 or 928?

Ross
we may have fixed the problem
its starting ok now for two days
we found while changing the cam that the earth wire from the head to under the ABS module ( very large cable ) was very corroded on the head end so removed it and buffed it up
as well as the bolt you can see were its eaten away from corrosion
so here's hoping