PDA

View Full Version : Best way to route OBDII connection for EFIlive

Soopy
August 4th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Hey fella's,

Little bit of a silly one, looking to route the cable in my VY SS Commodore so that its out of the way but easily accessible for my V2 handset.
Has anyone done something similar, and if so, how did you go about it?

Cheers, Soop.

Mr. P.
August 5th, 2011, 01:03 AM
Funny you mention this, I've put a lot of over-thought into this on my truck too! I hate the cables strung across the dashboard & steering column, and I've done a few rounds of rewiring under my dash. What I ended-up with was adding a second ODB-II connector hidden under the passenger's footwell, and using RJ45 (ethernet!) cabling and connectors for the analog inputs to my V2. So I have two quick hook-ups in the passenger footwell and the V2 is connected and out of the driver's way, and you don't have cabling strung all over the dash or console either. I was pretty proud of myself, I should go get a pic of it and write a how-to sometime...

Mr. P. :)

Soopy
August 5th, 2011, 01:12 AM
You should, I would extremely interested in seeing what you've done.
I'm a stickler for tidiness. Visible cables will just not cut it for me, I will be back out there tomorrow to have another squiz, I will post pic's if I nut out anything worth while.

Soopy
August 5th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Had a little bit of a fiddle, ended up just running the cable around under the dash and up under the plastic trim of the center console. So it tucks away nice and neat when not in use. WBo2 module is also up under the dash now, about 30cm away from the V2 plug so good spacing for the serial cable to the V2.

Sixes350
August 26th, 2011, 12:33 PM
I was going to mention that you run it under the dash. I have mine setup the same way but I also have 2 gauges (binnacle) which connect to the OBD2 port so swapping between the cables is easy and tidy