PDA

View Full Version : cant license a new vin

kkohrell
August 5th, 2011, 04:50 PM
i am not sure what i am doing wrong! I only have licensed 1 truck. i should have 2 vins left. i tried to license a new vin. that did not work so i went and bought one. the auth code keeps changing each time i go to add it in. does anyone have good step by step instructions on licensing??
thanks in advance

Dmaxink
August 5th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Hey buddy, make sure when you add the new vin that you have it set as your 3rd license number underneath where you enter the activation code.

kkohrell
August 6th, 2011, 02:14 AM
I did try and use all my slots... they say slots full and everytime i close it and reopen it i get a new auth code. one time it did say lic successful... but everytime i plug the truck in and do the flash it says vehicle not licensed. i am so lost... sorry to bug... thanks for your help!:doh2:

Dmaxink
August 6th, 2011, 02:25 AM
No problem buddy that's why were are here to help. Make sure you license the ecm..this is done by clicking license in the tune tool V8 that. Once it ie licensed then try and flash it again

kkohrell
August 6th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Kory Thank you so much!!! For all your help!!! your quick responses saved the day!!! Your instructions worked perfectly... the vin is in the truck and running.. thanks so much!!!

kevin and jessi