PDA

View Full Version : Error $0502

Gregs
August 6th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Every time i try to bbf i get error $0502. I've updated everything and i found a few threads from like a month ago when it was a known problem. I followed the advice but still no luck. V8 and V7.5 were re-downloaded and installed as of tonight. I also updated boot block, firmware, and reprogrammed everything. Just wondering where to go from here :unsure:

Gregs
August 7th, 2011, 03:14 PM
bump

Tordne
August 7th, 2011, 09:42 PM
The $0502 indicates that a file required to support your controller is not present on the device. Make sure you have the desired controller(s) selected under the BBX Tune area, and that you have [Program]ed the device. This will copy the necessary support files down to the FlashScan V2 device.

Taz
August 7th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Take a look at the thread attached below ...

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15739-050(something)-script-error-or-I-m-just-plain-missing-something&highlight=%240502

Regards,
Taz

Gregs
August 8th, 2011, 12:55 AM
hmm, thanks guys for the help. I checked and i have the right controller selected and programmed. I also followed the link taz posted and everything seems fine there also??

Tordne
August 10th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I'm wondering if the 'Option.txt' file you have is referring to controllers by their old names, and therefore not copying scripts etc correctly. Perhaps try the following:

This is an outline process for a full removal:
- Backup the ‘C:\Program Files\EFILive’ and ‘Documents\EFILive’ folders (don’t perform the backup above under this location).
- Uninstall the existing EFILive software.
- Remove the ‘C:\Program Files\EFILive’ and ‘Documents\EFILive’ folders.
- Delete the ‘HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive’ Registry key.
- Download the latest full install
- Install the latest release

The reconfigure the V8 software (PIDs, controllers etc.) and program. Also, format the Config filesystem before programming to make sure it's all clean.

Cheers,

Gregs
August 10th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the reply! I will try this first thing tomorrow!

Gregs
January 30th, 2012, 01:01 PM
hey guys i'm having trouble with this again. Its weird since it was working just fine the other day and then all of the sudden i'm getting this error again. I went through and reprogrammed everything like i was supposed to. I updated everything and the right controller and everything else is fine. Any ideas?? I just don't get why one day its fine and the next its having this error.

Tordne
January 30th, 2012, 02:09 PM
It does seem "strange" that it would work and then not, expect if the configuration changed and correctly the scripts are not present on the Config Filesystem of the device. Have you been able to verify that the script(s) for the specific controller do exist on the device?

Gregs
January 30th, 2012, 04:21 PM
It does seem "strange" that it would work and then not, expect if the configuration changed and correctly the scripts are not present on the Config Filesystem of the device. Have you been able to verify that the script(s) for the specific controller do exist on the device?

i opened options.txt and everything looks good there too

Gregs
February 4th, 2012, 07:05 AM
alright guys i really need some help getting this fixed! i uninstalled v7 and v8 and reinstalled, then did updates, then reformatted and did a full reprogram of the v2. I also verified that ls1b was selected. I just went out to try it again and its still giving me this error. I'm at a loss and I really need to get this fixed asap

one more thing i just remembered and i don't know if its relevant but the last time i flashed the truck i had to try the flash several times before it actually flashed the truck. I started having these issues a while ago, here is the thread i started when they first started happening.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?17213-lots-of-flashing-errors-today&highlight=
I still don't know whats causing the failed flashes but its really intermittent...

Is it possible that my v2 is defective?

Taz
February 4th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Hi Greg,

Confirm your V2 is loaded with the LS1-B files captured in the attached PDF file.

Regards,
Taz

Gregs
February 4th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Hi Greg,

Confirm your V2 is loaded with the LS1-B files captured in the attached PDF file.

Regards,
Taz

thanks taz, yeah i have them. Post #10

TDFDiesel
February 20th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Did you ever find a solution, there is another guy having the same issue.