PDA

View Full Version : I Need LC-1 Install Help with TAQuickness cable

Chalky
August 7th, 2011, 06:51 AM
I have had my LC1 laying around for 2 years. PLX finally gave up so now I need to setup LC-1.

I have the cable from TAQUICKNESS figured out. Just wanted to make sure I am hooking up brown wire properly. From what I can see, the brown wire goes directly to a power supply and not to the V2. (Yellow wire will not be used)

Just wondering if there is a better system out there than the LC-1 that works with TAQuickness cables? I saw the list of supported wb controllers. I just want one that is EASY to setup, doesn't require the soldering needed with the LC-1.

macca33
August 7th, 2011, 11:43 AM
The TechEdge 2j9 is very easy to set-up - simply plug and play, even I could do it.

cheers

Chalky
August 7th, 2011, 12:00 PM
The TechEdge 2j9 is very easy to set-up - simply plug and play, even I could do it.

cheers

Are you U.S. based? I looked at this unit but thought the lack of a US distributor would be more hassle than necessary.

macca33
August 7th, 2011, 12:20 PM
No mate, sorry, Australia. The mob who make these are VERY good to deal with and I'd imagine they could send to the US - help our trade deficit!!!

I'm in no way connected with them, but considering my lack of knowledge regarding any technology, I found the 2j9 easy to set-up and recommend it.

cheers

mr.prick
August 7th, 2011, 12:21 PM
What cable do you have?
It should simply plug into each device with no loose wires.
http://www.taquickness.com/taqcables/TAQCables_sLC1.pdf

You can use the LC-1 & V2 serial cables inline with a null modem.

Chalky
August 8th, 2011, 04:52 PM
What cable do you have?
It should simply plug into each device with no loose wires.
http://www.taquickness.com/taqcables/TAQCables_sLC1.pdf

You can use the LC-1 & V2 serial cables inline with a null modem.

I have the serial cable from TAQ. Just not a fan of the LC-1 wiring requirements for the WB, the led and test button. I set it up tonight and got it working but also ordered the Zeitronix ZT-2. Got my PLX working again. I will now have three WB's to choose from. :)

joecar
August 11th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Regarding post #1: LC-1 brown wire is analog 0-5V output...