PDA

View Full Version : Does EFILive Support Zeitronix ZT-2 serial recording?

Chalky
August 7th, 2011, 10:03 AM
I know there is support for the ZT-3. ZT-2 is a less ambitious version of ZT-3 that I am interested in but I want serial data capture as well.

Ira
August 7th, 2011, 11:28 AM
If I was guessing I'd suggest that if a ZT3 will work, that a ZT2 will also work. But that's making the assumption that since they both are capable of driving Zeitronix software and gauges that they both use the same serial protocol. Ask Zeitronix if that's true and you'll have your answer. If it's different see if you can get a copy of the spec to pass on the Paul and you might find it supported in one of the next releases. And from my reading, the ZT3 is the less ambitious device and the one you want. ZT3 is $199 and ZT2 is $279.

Ira

Chalky
August 7th, 2011, 11:53 AM
I am making the same assumption but will contact Zeitronix just in case. I believe the ZT3 will do everything I need but would not hesitate to buy the ZT2 if there was any delay.

mr.prick
August 7th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Supported Serial WBO2 Controllers (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=138&Itemid=143)

Chalky
August 8th, 2011, 05:33 AM
I am making the same assumption but will contact Zeitronix just in case. I believe the ZT3 will do everything I need but would not hesitate to buy the ZT2 if there was any delay.

Heard from Zeitronics. ZT2 and ZT3 will both work with EFILive and serial communications.