PDA

View Full Version : Injector flow rate

gotabav
August 9th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Anybody know what units this injector flow rate is in? How would this equate to lbs./hr.?

slows10
August 10th, 2011, 03:52 AM
The S10 2.2 is in lbs/min. They are roughly 18lb/hr injectors. Go to the conversions page in the tune tool to get exactly what they are.

gotabav
August 10th, 2011, 09:22 PM
I figured that, but found it odd that no measurement units were listed and .2 lbs./min. is only 12 lbs./hr. The limits seem odd as well, .7 or 42 lbs./hr. Not that more is needed, I'm just not used to seeing these limits. When trying to change from lbs./min to lbs./hr. there is no change in the numbers either. I opened other tunes and the values would change depending on what measurment units I changed it to. Oh well, I can do the math. I've never tuned one of these 4 bangers before. They seem pretty limited on what can be changed with any effect.

gotabav
October 30th, 2011, 01:58 PM
I finally got around to playing with my S10 and some odd things occured. I swapped out the stock injectors for some 42 lb./hr. injectors I had from a previous project. When I maxed out the IFR table the engine wouldn't even run. (42 lb./hr /60=.7 lb./min.) I couldnt keep it running on anything except .2 for a setting. I don't think the IFR is in lb./min. It must be in some other form of measurement. Now it runs great with a LN2 flex fuel tune loaded except under heavy throttle. The injector duty cycles jump to a crazy %, anywhere from 300% to 900%, and it goes pig rich and falls on it's face. I haven't touched anything except the spark tables and the engine diagnostics. Anybody come across this before?

slows10
October 31st, 2011, 12:10 PM
Whynot send efilive an email asking what units the flow rate is in? I dont know why they didnt label what units it is in. Very strange and frustrating.