PDA

View Full Version : T43 Torque Converter Desired Slip

Meister
August 11th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Have the functions for Torque Converter Desired Slip time been added to T43? HP Tuners has had this for a while now and the only way to dial in an aftermarket converter, especially multi disc properly.

Trans >AutoTcc >TCC Desired Slip >

TCC Desired Slip AC Off vs. Gear
Min Desired Slip AC On
Use DoD Slip
TCC Desired Slip DoD vs. Gear
Desired Slip DoD Off Transition
Desired Slip DoD On Transition

High Speed Lock Enable
High Speed Lock Disable

TCC Adapt:
Trans Temp Min
Trans Temp Max
TPS Min
TPS Max
Torque Min
Torque Max
VSS Min
VSS Max
Adapt Min Pressure
Adapt Max Pressure
Adapt Cell Preload Pressures
Adapt Cell Torque Breakpoints

TCC Max Pressure

Others:
Apply ramp

GMPX
August 11th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Hi Paul,

Before I respond to your post specifically, please have a quick look at the thread below regarding 'lack of tables' for the T43.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?17012-T43-Tables

As you have both EFILive and HPTuners (and SCT for that matter) I can appreciate that you will sit down and compare what is in one product vs another. EFILive (well, me really) rightly or wrongly decided to concentrate on keeping up to date with GM's new generation controllers and branching out in to the Cummins Diesel rather that toil over the T43 tables we lack.
I am not taking your post as criticism, my point is that with us taking the path we did we are able to offer our GM tuning shops access to ECM's not supported by any other software at this point in time, namely the E39 SIDI ECM, the E78 ECM and finally the E83 ECM. All very relevant to today's market as they are being used on many 2011's and most 2012 models.
I am not for a moment suggesting that we will forever ignore the T43, I just hope for our customers who feel 'let down' by our T43 offering that we make up for that by giving them the chance to be first on the block for many new model vehicles nobody else can tune. I know the Cummins Diesel tuners are grateful to finally be custom tuning their trucks.

Cheers,
Ross

Meister
August 11th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Hi Paul,

Before I respond to your post specifically, please have a quick look at the thread below regarding 'lack of tables' for the T43.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?17012-T43-Tables

As you have both EFILive and HPTuners (and SCT for that matter) I can appreciate that you will sit down and compare what is in one product vs another. EFILive (well, me really) rightly or wrongly decided to concentrate on keeping up to date with GM's new generation controllers and branching out in to the Cummins Diesel rather that toil over the T43 tables we lack.
I am not taking your post as criticism, my point is that with us taking the path we did we are able to offer our GM tuning shops access to ECM's not supported by any other software at this point in time, namely the E39 SIDI ECM, the E78 ECM and finally the E83 ECM. All very relevant to today's market as they are being used on many 2011's and most 2012 models.
I am not for a moment suggesting that we will forever ignore the T43, I just hope for our customers who feel 'let down' by our T43 offering that we make up for that by giving them the chance to be first on the block for many new model vehicles nobody else can tune. I know the Cummins Diesel tuners are grateful to finally be custom tuning their trucks.

Cheers,
Ross

I will take a look at that thread once I respond here. I am just trying to see how the management of this company can justify ignoring, or walking away from the T43 stuff right now, which is used in the most popular American sports/muscle car currently sold in the US and forcing us to use a competitors product among other important platforms....I am aware of the size of the Dodge Diesel market

I for one do not care about Dodge Cummins products...your development time and resources would be better spent, IMO, getting into the Ford market and destroying both SCT and HPT

I have turned so many of my customers onto EFI Live from HPT or SCT that it kills me to have to tune a TCM with one software and ECM with another

GMPX
August 11th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I am just trying to see how the management of this company can justify ignoring, or walking away from the T43 stuff right now
Well, I thought I did explain that in my reply post.

I am aware of the size of the Dodge Diesel market................I for one do not care about Dodge Cummins products
Much like the Cummins tuners now using EFILive couldn't care less about a T43, it works both ways, we are sitting in the middle of the argument trying to satisfy both parties.

I have turned so many of my customers onto EFI Live from HPT or SCT that it kills me to have to tune a TCM with one software and ECM with another
Paul we appreciate your support in recommending EFILive to other people. It is a really hard job to balance all customers wish lists between what is good for the growth of EFILive, luring new customers and quite frankly, my sanity.
We haven't 'given up' on the T43, but I feel there is nothing I can say that will stop the criticism for the moment.

Meister
August 11th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Well, I thought I did explain that in my reply post.

Much like the Cummins tuners now using EFILive couldn't care less about a T43, it works both ways, we are sitting in the middle of the argument trying to satisfy both parties.

Paul we appreciate your support in recommending EFILive to other people. It is a really hard job to balance all customers wish lists between what is good for the growth of EFILive, luring new customers and quite frankly, my sanity.
We haven't 'given up' on the T43, but I feel there is nothing I can say that will stop the criticism for the moment.
I am just disappointed for the first time ever by EFI Live. You guys have an amazing product and I hope you take a stab at the Ford market because the knowledge, support and logging is incredible.....a shame about the T43 stuff though

Tre-Cool
August 11th, 2011, 08:23 PM
sadly, i've had to spend the $500 to buy a hpt cable for my t43.

would of gladly paid that to the efilive guys for some development time. :-)

GMPX
August 11th, 2011, 11:10 PM
$500, that'll get me enough coffee to get the job done :hihi:
You know it's a two way street with the HPT customers too, we have plenty of defectors from their stuff because of dissatisfaction in some area(s) of their product, it's more common than you might imagine for workshops to own both. In the end they are just tools of the trade, one guy likes Snap-On, the other Kinchrome, some have a mix.
I can assure you though, I won't buy HPT to play with my own TCM :grin:

Tre-Cool
August 12th, 2011, 12:56 AM
well i had actually thought about asking for efilive to save the t43 files in bin format, so that someone could use some "other" software to edit then use efilive to upload.

but figured this "other" software might not save as bin format again... :-(

also, you shouldn't make offers like that.. I can make it happen if your serious!

kangsta
August 12th, 2011, 01:48 AM
HPT wont load any bin files newer than LS1b, certainly not a TCM only bin. Def won’t save in bin format...

The other interesting thing is you can’t tune a TCM with HPT if there isn’t a ECM or the ECM isn’t supported. They charge you for custom OS, flashing a file that’s not read out of the controller but somehow their licensing scheme doesn’t give them a way to charge you or be able to tune just a TCM... oh and how can you flash a different os/cal from another car into the TCM for experimenting without screwing up your engine cal when they force you to flash both ECM and TCM from the one HPT file.

When a thread like this come up that make me think about HPT and how infuriating their whole structure is makes you appreciate the thought and consideration that goes into EFILive... if only we could clone the boys (and girls) of EFILive, imagine a Delphi Ross and Bosch Ross :shock:

zfuller123
August 13th, 2011, 01:52 PM
........ makes you appreciate the thought and consideration that goes into EFILive... if only we could clone the boys (and girls) of EFILive, imagine a Delphi Ross and Bosch Ross :shock:

This is the real point..... Ross has to juggle it all. Coming from the diesel side of things and working solely on the diesel tuning - believe it or not I too can understand the way things seem to go slow.... For example - it took just over one YEAR from the time I was able to successfully read a Dodge Cummins controller (yes, that's it - just READ it) until the time I was able to actually see even the first table, let alone change it or successfully flash it. On the GM side, the Duramax has been around and part of EFILive for years, yes - but even on these there have been wait times for certain things to get added. There are only so many hours in a day, and Ross has to choose how to slice them up as best as he can - along with Andrew, Paul and their wives.

Pretty small team for the absolute wonders they've produced for us all. I can understand the frustration of the original poster, but it sounds like until this very thing - he's never had a reason to be upset or felt like he had a lacking tool until this item. That being said, imagine the Cummins crowd, what that infusion of capital into EFILive as a whole means for the continued growth of the company, and perhaps down the road enough growth to actually find a Ross look alike (at least inside their head) to help take on some of the burden and plow through twice as much in a day.

The Cummins crowd, as a whole is very pleased with what can now be accomplished with their trucks. However, there are still issues many of the now converted Cummins customers are chomping at the bit to have EFILive overcome for them so they can completely level the playing field with EVERY other product in their market. It is too bad we can't clone him. I watch my inbox daily for Cummins updates even when away from the computer just hoping today is the day. I even jab Ross once a week in an email or PM. I'm sure he's sick of me. I don't think calling him (EFILive) to the mat on a particular module/feature in front of everyone is a great way to try and make a point though. I'm sure he'd like nothing better than to have us all be happy and not asking for anything so he could sleep isntead of chasing down stupid Cummins fuel limiters in his dreams - but i'm sure everyone will continue to keep wanting more which seems to me like it spreads their team pretty thin.

Sorry to Ramble. And to be clear i'm not saying Cummins / Duramax / E39, etc or any of the others named here is more important than another. My guess is it'd be easier to finish one train of thought before jumping on a new set of tracks and plowing ahead though. Just wanted the OP to know we're all in the same boat and i'd doubt if their intentionally trying to ignore his request.

minytrker
August 13th, 2011, 03:41 PM
I am just disappointed for the first time ever by EFI Live. You guys have an amazing product and I hope you take a stab at the Ford market because the knowledge, support and logging is incredible.....a shame about the T43 stuff though

As great as EFI Live is, its very hard to do tuning as a profession and only own EFI. Unfortunately EFI can't always do everything on every controller but 99% of the time it can do what most GM tuning shops need. I learned years ago that I needed several other tuning software if I wanted to do alot of tuning. Im not faulting any software but its impossible for any one software IMO to the best at single thing. I will say EFI in my option is the best at more controllers than any other product out there hands down. The few things other software are better at are rarely an issue but for that 1% I have to own other tuning software. Just like I have mostly snap on tools but very rarely they may not have a tool I need and mac or some other tool company makes it. That doesn't mean snap on isn't good. Thats all just my opinion.

joecar
August 14th, 2011, 10:13 AM
There is a tradeoff between getting many tables "published" quickly and taking the time to get them correct making sure they function as expected...

for example, HPT has the force motor current table incorrectly defined for quite a few transmission calibrations (the last row suddenly spikes up).

Duke
September 9th, 2011, 06:02 AM
I just installed a new Circle D single disc torque converter and I'm trying to adjust when it locks up. With the stock T43 tune, at part throttle,
the rpms just hang in 3rd gear so I want to lock it in third but not at WOT (WOT > 50% TPS).
Looking at the tables, it seems that there is a conflict between WOT Control Speeds and the Normal/Pattern A/Pattern B/TUTD Control
Speeds at 100% TPS. For example, D2237 3rd WOT Apply Speed, Normal is 21 MPH, but the Normal Control Speed Table its 217 MPH at 100% TPS.
I'm a newbie and just trying to understand.
Why the difference in the 2 Tables?
Is 100% TPS different than WOT?
Is there some other table that adjusts these numbers?
In the Normal/Pattern A/Pattern B Tables, why aren't the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Apply speeds 318? For the Normal Table they are 318, 132, and
217 respectively.
Also, Circle D recommends 0 slip when locked up. The only reference I could find to slip is D2216 TCC Lock Pressure Ramp. Is this the right
Table? If not, then what is?
One more question, Is Normal the "D" mode and Patter A the "S" mode? What is Pattern B? Oops that was 2 questions.
:help2: