PDA

View Full Version : upgrade OS??

ws6togo
January 9th, 2006, 04:05 PM
I have a 2000 Transam. I have read that my ECU does not have as many settings as the 2001+ OS ECU's. My OS is ID# 09381344. Should I not worry about updating my OS, or should I upgrade it to a newer year? If it is upgraded can it ever be put back to the 2000 os (Dont know why anyone would want to do it but just asking)

Black02SS
January 9th, 2006, 05:56 PM
A few of the tables are easier to tune IMO. If you are doing a SD tune then it is really nice to only use one VE table. In addition to that if you remove the EGR, the 01+ file already has this edited out for you. Now if you do upgrade to a 01+ you will need to have the commerical version of FlashScan as well. With this you could also run one of the custom OS's made for SD tuning which allows the use of a octane scaler and a few other items.

Yes you may return it to a 2000 at any time.

ws6togo
January 10th, 2006, 04:31 PM
A few of the tables are easier to tune IMO. If you are doing a SD tune then it is really nice to only use one VE table. In addition to that if you remove the EGR, the 01+ file already has this edited out for you. Now if you do upgrade to a 01+ you will need to have the commerical version of FlashScan as well. With this you could also run one of the custom OS's made for SD tuning which allows the use of a octane scaler and a few other items.

Yes you may return it to a 2000 at any time.

Well guess that kills the idea of upgrading the OS. I have Personal Scan and Tune version not commercial :bawl:

Black02SS
January 10th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Well guess that kills the idea of upgrading the OS. I have Personal Scan and Tune version not commercial :bawl:
Its only a 150$ upgrade fee. Well worth it in my opinion.