PDA

View Full Version : Issue using V2 to switch tunes

Shmittey
August 12th, 2011, 07:45 AM
I just installed a dsp5 tune, changed switch from hardwired to serial... saved as a new file, everything full flashed in perfect. When I hook up the v2, go to tune tool, switch tune, I get an error, this function is not available for the selected module... Im kind of lost as to what the issue is. tune file shows V6 and everything looks the way it should. The base tune default is working fine, truck runs as it should.

I tried re-flashing the tune again and it still does not work. I don't have a hardwired switch and just have not ordered the Edge Insight yet that I plan to use. Any input is appreciated

02 LB7 Silverado 2500HD
Idaho Rob EFILive
ADII 165, 4" Magnaflo, K&N intake
BigDipper Trans, ML.

540diesel
August 12th, 2011, 08:27 AM
When you say you changed the switch from hardwire to serial do you mean removing the switch from the dash. If so you also have to change it in the .tun file to serial so the ecm knows what is changing the settings.

Shmittey
August 12th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Yes I changed the dsp parameter from hardwired to serial on the .tun file, I then saved a separate copy and then full flashed that version. this is the first out of the box tuning for the v2, it is fully updated to the latest firmware and software.

Shmittey
August 13th, 2011, 02:28 AM
I figured it out, well kind of. I gave up on that and set up the BB logging, after that was up and running I could change the tunes no prob. I guess the V2 was not set to the ecm yet.