PDA

View Full Version : Tryiing to log boost on 2009 cts-v

600+duramax
August 13th, 2011, 02:36 PM
I have tried all of the pids on the scan tool but none of them read correctly? Help I want to log boost. Thanks

GMPX
August 13th, 2011, 07:36 PM
What is 'not correctly'?
What were the PID names you tried?

joecar
August 14th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Can you post screenshots...

Have you installed the latest sotware and firmware...?

600+duramax
August 14th, 2011, 12:32 PM
I am logging GM.SIVP super charger inlet pressure. I have tried all the pids that have anything to do with boost. Some off the pids work they just don't read correct boost psi.

600+duramax
August 20th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Still trying to log boost with no luck. What pid is everyone using to log boost on the cts-v's.

600+duramax
August 22nd, 2011, 08:07 PM
So I guess nobody logs boost on a cts-v????

600+duramax
August 23rd, 2011, 05:44 PM
Can you post screenshots...

Have you installed the latest sotware and firmware...?

Yes I Do.

GMPX
August 23rd, 2011, 08:33 PM
I think you need to maybe explain why you think they are not reading correctly.

GM.IMVP shows you the intake manifold vacuum.
GM.SIVP shows you the difference between Baro and the Supercharger Inlet Pressure in Vacuum.
GM.SIAP shows you the Supercharger Inlet Pressure.
SAE.MAP shows you the Intake Manifold pressure.

600+duramax
August 24th, 2011, 03:06 AM
I think you need to maybe explain why you think they are not reading correctly.

GM.IMVP shows you the intake manifold vacuum.
GM.SIVP shows you the difference between Baro and the Supercharger Inlet Pressure in Vacuum.
GM.SIAP shows you the Supercharger Inlet Pressure.
SAE.MAP shows you the Intake Manifold pressure.

I have tried all off the pids you mentioned. I have tried to switching from imperial to metric and the reading are high. I know I am not running 30 psi of boost.

jrh
August 24th, 2011, 10:35 AM
The 2009-2011 CTSV and the 2009-2011 ZR1 (E67 ECM) have three different pressure sensors where most of the V8 engines just have one.

GM.SIAP is supercharger inlet absolute pressure. That is the pressure at the inlet to the supercharger (before the supercharger/after the throttle body). This should never see boost. Engine off it will be atmospheric pressure and when ever the engine is running it will be varying amounts of vacuum depending on the throttle angle, inlet restriction, engine rpm etc. This sensor is mounted on the front cover (inlet) to the supercharger.

SAE.MAP will show you intake manifold absolute pressure. This will be the boost or engine vacuum depending on the engine conditions (supercharger bypass position, engine rpm, throttle angle). This sensor is mounted on the side of the engine and has a red label.

SAE.BARO will show you the third sensor. This is the barometric pressure. This sensor is also mounted on the side of the engine (supercharger assembly) but is actually just open to atmosphere.

Engine off/key on all three should read around 97 to 99 kPa. As you go up in load/rpm and make boost, SAE.MAP should climb, GM.SIAP should go down and SAE.BARO should not change.

I am logging GM.SIVP super charger inlet pressure. I have tried all the pids that have anything to do with boost. Some off the pids work they just don't read correct boost psi.

jrh
August 24th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Keep in mind some of these PIDs are reporting absolute pressure so 0 psi would be a total vacuum, 14.2 to 14.5 is normal atmospheric conditions around us and 30 psi would be around 15 psi of boost (depending on barometric pressure).

I have tried all off the pids you mentioned. I have tried to switching from imperial to metric and the reading are high. I know I am not running 30 psi of boost.

600+duramax
August 24th, 2011, 11:20 AM
So in other words I won't be able to get a correct reading if I am using the SAE MAP pid? I think If I am making 15 psi it should say 15 psi not 30? That is what I am looking for? Thanks.

joecar
August 24th, 2011, 01:13 PM
So in other words I won't be able to get a correct reading if I am using the SAE MAP pid? I think If I am making 15 psi it should say 15 psi not 30? That is what I am looking for? Thanks.No, Jason is saying that SAE.MAP will read 30 psi (it measures absolute pressure aka boost + baro).

If you want boost, create a calculated pid that computes "{SAE.MAP} - {SAE.BARO)".

600+duramax
August 24th, 2011, 04:12 PM
I would if I knew how? Can You walk me thru the process? Thanks

joecar
August 25th, 2011, 03:45 AM
Copy the attached file to the WinXP folder My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration (or equivalent folder in Win7).

600+duramax
August 25th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Copy the attached file to the WinXP folder My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration (or equivalent folder in Win7).

Thanks for the help. When I saved this file it says it already exist? Am I missing something here?

joecar
August 25th, 2011, 03:23 PM
If you haven't modified the existing file then just overwrite it with the new one that I posted above.

Otherwise if you have modified the existing file, post it here.

600+duramax
August 25th, 2011, 03:35 PM
I did overwrite it. Should it work now? I take you made some changes to it? If so I will try it tomorrow. Thank again.

joecar
August 26th, 2011, 03:57 AM
I used the wrong BARO pid... see attachment to this post for the corrected calc_pids.txt, copy this file (overwrite the other one).

600+duramax
August 26th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Thanks again. Going to try it out later.

600+duramax
August 26th, 2011, 07:28 AM
Ok tried it and it is still not working correctly? I am logging (intake manifold absolute pressure) SAE MAP pid. Is there another pid I should be logging?

scdyne
August 26th, 2011, 07:45 AM
You have to log both SAE.MAP and SAE.BARO

600+duramax
August 26th, 2011, 08:17 AM
You have to log both SAE.MAP and SAE.BARO

I have logged those pids. I am trying to have a pid that will tell me actual boost.

joecar
August 26th, 2011, 08:44 AM
ok tried it and it is still not working correctly? I am logging (intake manifold absolute pressure) sae map pid. Is there another pid i should be logging?The other pid is SAE.BARO.

600+duramax
August 26th, 2011, 09:02 AM
The other pid is SAE.BARO.

I logged that pid and it is at zero and stays there under boost ?

joecar
August 26th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Try logging GM.BARO instead... if this reports correct values, then use the calc_pids.txt from post #15.

600+duramax
August 27th, 2011, 05:09 PM
tried that to. no worky?

joecar
August 28th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Log all the pids that have kPa as units and are related to intake manifold air (i.e. not oil pressure, transmission, A/C), and post back.