PDA

View Full Version : AutoCal Modes?

jizay
August 14th, 2011, 01:33 PM
What does Full 1 full 2 ..etc mean? How is it different from Prog 1...etc??

This was posted previously by someone else, but was never answered.
The quick start guide does not discuss the 'Full' modes.

Thanks,

Jason

Ira
August 14th, 2011, 01:49 PM
I believe it's full flash versus calibration only flash.

Ira

jizay
August 14th, 2011, 01:56 PM
How is it different from 'Prog' ?

Ira
August 14th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Well, I assume prog is Calibration only.

Ira

Tordne
August 14th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Just updated the documentation. The 'Prog' options are calibration only flash operations which should be performed under normal circumstances (unless directed by your tuner). The 'Full' options are full-flash operations and download both the operating system and calibration data to the ECM/TCM controller.

JPaupst
April 7th, 2012, 11:36 AM
So when not using a DSP tune and only trying to use the Autocal for individual tunes one would hook it up to the truck and just tune with the "program 1" and not full flash as im assuming full flash is for DSP tunes , correct?

ScarabEpic22
April 7th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Depends, if LLY/LBZ/LMM then you can cal-flash, LB7s need a full reflash every time for DSP tunes.

For non-DSP tunes, calibration only flashes are all that is required to change the tune (unless you're changing the OS).

JPaupst
April 7th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Its an LBZ. So i can only do the full flash and not the cal flash or whatever it is? So is that just prog 1-5 or does it say full flash 1-5? sorry newb here still waiting for my tunes but wana be ready when i get them.

Tordne
April 7th, 2012, 03:16 PM
So this is how it works out. A cal-flash is performed generally for all ECMs except an LB7 with a DSP5 installed. The cutom tables on the LB7 DSP5 didn't all fit into the calibration memory area and overflowed in the OS area, thats whay afull-flash is required when changing a LB7 DSP5 calibration.

You're fine with an LBZ to do cal-flashes.

JPaupst
April 7th, 2012, 03:49 PM
So even though im not using a dsp switch and tunes and am only running individual tunes it is still fine to just cal flash?

Tordne
April 7th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Yup cause you're only changing the data in the calibration area.

JPaupst
April 7th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Ok thanks for the help , Im sure ill have plenty more questions for ya in the near future.