PDA

View Full Version : Cl-fault

gpr
August 15th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Plugged in EFI live tonight when i had to run into work. For some reason it is showing a CL-Fault. I'm assuming this is a closed loop fault. what would cause this? bad 02 sensor or wire?

I also noticed my fuel trims are different between the two banks. On other vehicles they were always very close if not the same.

joecar
August 16th, 2011, 03:06 AM
CL-fault means that it is running in CL on one NBO2 instead of both, i.e. the other NBO2 is not able to run in CL...

this means that either there is a fuel/air leak causing that trim to go negative/positive or that NBO2/wiring has failed.

Do you get any DTC's...?

Post some log files.

gpr
August 16th, 2011, 04:24 AM
I noticed after i posted this that there were a number of DTC's. I knew there was going to be some for the rear o2's but even one of the front o2's had set a code. I have the log files on another computer i will ahve to transfer over to post.

I always forget. if a trim is negative does that mean it is running rich and is now telling the pcm to pull fuel to lean it up. or is it the other way around?

ChipsByAl
August 16th, 2011, 04:34 AM
I always forget. if a trim is negative does that mean it is running rich and is now telling the pcm to pull fuel to lean it up. or is it the other way around?

That is correct. Negative is pulling excess fuel.
AL