PDA

View Full Version : few questions

olboyowl
August 18th, 2011, 02:33 AM
a couple questions for you more experienced guys. first, im trying to look at my flashscan firmware programmer for the v7.5 and it keeps tellin me that im in dead poll or when its connected to the truck, it says "cannot connect to flashscan v2. a device attached to the system is not functioning. win32 error: 31? firmware is ok for the v8 and i can log and tune with the v7.5 software? maybe im just missing something? i checked all this after i had downloaded the july 31st pre release and didnt have the new tables (E2536 and E2567) when i opened up the tune tool. my other 2 questions are, my fuel pressure reg.base duty cycle table (D0790) is set at 0% at 0 rpm and goes up to 36%. should that be adjusted throughout the rpm range staying at 0% at 0 rpm and increasing say up to 90-100% at 3500 rpm? also, my Fuel Pressure Reg, Max Duty Cycle % (D0791) is set at 71% from 600-3500 rpm. can i change that to 100% for the whole rpm range? sorry for the long post. hope someone can shed some light on this. thanks

denny

Dmaxink
August 18th, 2011, 02:42 AM
Hi Denny,
On the V2 side of things... make sure you have downloaded v7 and v8.. then go to efilive HAPI and from there you will be able to see what firmware and bootblock your flashcan has... if there is a update necessary for it it will tell you to update it.. on the reg max duty cycle,, many guys have left this table alone, but 100% in the upper rpms will do the trick :-)

olboyowl
August 18th, 2011, 03:18 AM
thanks for the quick reply man. i reinstalled the 7.5 and 8 pre release again this morning, checked the firmware and it was all up to date in HAPI and did a manual search for updates. still the same results. kinda throwing me for a loop. just to make sure where clear, leave D0790 alone and adjust D0792 up to 100% in the upper range or vise versa? sorry, still learning and don't want to mess something up. not the most computer savvy either. thanks again

denny

olboyowl
August 19th, 2011, 01:36 AM
guess i'll just wait for the next release next week. hopefully it will fix my problem

chizwizdiz
August 19th, 2011, 01:53 AM
guess i'll just wait for the next release next week. hopefully it will fix my problem

Here? http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?17096-Release-Candidate-2-Aug-19-2011

olboyowl
August 19th, 2011, 04:23 AM
oh, sweet. didn't know it was out. thought i read next week. thanks man. unfortunatley im at work and cant get internet access on the laptop. just double checking, alls u have to do for the manual download is: download the new software, save it to the computer, open it up and run the program and your set, correct? don't want to miss somthing. like i said earlier, not to computer friendly. thanks again for the help

chizwizdiz
August 19th, 2011, 05:38 AM
oh, sweet. didn't know it was out. thought i read next week. thanks man. unfortunatley im at work and cant get internet access on the laptop. just double checking, alls u have to do for the manual download is: download the new software, save it to the computer, open it up and run the program and your set, correct? don't want to miss somthing. like i said earlier, not to computer friendly. thanks again for the help

No prob!

Yes, sounds like you are in the right direction for downloading the new stuff.

FUBAR
August 19th, 2011, 06:39 AM
oh, sweet. didn't know it was out. thought i read next week.

I think Ross may have meant next week would be an "Official" release whereas realease candidates are more or less pre-releases that are safe to use for professional tuners tuning multiple trucks. At least that's the way I like to think of it.

olboyowl
August 19th, 2011, 07:19 AM
No prob!

Yes, sounds like you are in the right direction for downloading the new stuff.

thanks, thought i did it right.

I think Ross may have meant next week would be an "Official" release whereas realease candidates are more or less pre-releases that are safe to use for professional tuners tuning multiple trucks. At least that's the way I like to think of it.

is that why i didn't have the tables when i downloaded the july 29th pre release? that would make sence.

olboyowl
August 20th, 2011, 07:29 AM
downloaded the august 19th updates and still dont have the new tables? am i supposed to select "no" when it asks me if i want to keep my existing registry settings and reset the property settings to factory default? ive been selecting yes and keeping my existing registry. sorry for askin so many dam questions.

denny

olboyowl
August 20th, 2011, 07:35 AM
just re downloaded the software and i have the tables now. sorry for the headaches