PDA

View Full Version : AutoVE with F.A.S.T. duel WBO2set up

JOHNGEAR
August 18th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Hello all, I have come up with a start for my tune but need to continue with an auto ve. I just loaded this tune so when looking through the log, you will see it stall on me near the beginning. Not a problem, I guess it was the short trims setting up(I think) cause later in the log, did not have that problem. So the question is, can I get some direction with the F.A.S.T. duel wide band pid choices and after the VE log, is there another pid set up needed so that I can provide the log(s) you may want to go over? Thank you because after following the auto ve instructions, I got lost and cannot continue (must have messed up something). My logs and tune is for all to share.

JOHNGEAR
August 21st, 2011, 03:53 PM
Would these be correct for the pids that I would need?
SAE.TP
CALC.BEN_F1
CALC.BEN_F2
GM.AFR
SAE.ECT
SAE.RPM
EXT.AD1
EXT.AD2
SAE.IAT
SAE.MAP
CALC.AFR_F1
CLAC.AFR_F2
GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA
GM.KR
SAE.VSS
SAE.SPARKADV
GM.IAC
GM.FTC

Again, is this what I need to begin?

mr.prick
August 21st, 2011, 09:28 PM
If you are using analog, yes.
Serial would be:

EXT.WO2AFR1
EXT.WO2AFR2
CALC.BEN1
CALC.BEN2

The F.A.S.T dual unit does not appear to be a supported serial WBO2 controller though.

JOHNGEAR
August 22nd, 2011, 12:02 PM
Thank you, now with these options for the controller(F.A.S.T.), one would want to use the high res mode for the external input correct? I tried the simple mode and wow, it was way off.
• Analog Output Mode: When reading air/fuel in this mode, an additional analog signal output
is provided that will run most external, electronic air/fuel gauges and/or feed an external data
logger (Fig. B). This signal is sent via two wires that are factory contained under the connector
heat-shrink wrap at the display housing end of the wiring harness (Fig. B). Simply cut the
shrink wrap back and pull out the black and grey wires. The black wire is the signal ground
wire and the grey wire is the analog signal output wire.
• Simple Mode: This takes the output voltage and multiplies it by 10 to calculate the actual
air/fuel ratio. Many external electronic air/fuel gauges use this signal type.
• High Res Mode: This provides a 0 - 4.096 volt output signal. Certain digital gauges and data
acquisition systems use this type of signal.

joecar
August 22nd, 2011, 12:17 PM
Can you post the user manual (showing voltage-to-afr conversion ranges)...?

JOHNGEAR
August 22nd, 2011, 12:36 PM
I hope this is what you are looking for. It was all I got with the unit. Maybe this web site will be more help for you.

http://www.fuelairspark.com/Products/FS-%27Digital%20Air/Fuel%20Meters%27-0.aspx

mr.prick
August 22nd, 2011, 10:12 PM
High Res Mode matches the F.A.S.T. {CALC.AFR_F1} & {CALC.AFR_F2} pids.

Simple Mode seems to be the same as the LM-1 AFR pids.

JOHNGEAR
August 23rd, 2011, 11:57 AM
I hope the input provided here will help others with the same questions pertaining to the Auto VE using the F.A.S.T. duel wide band O2 sensors as it has answered my questions. Thank you to all with your effort and I will continue this post with the logs and results from my Auto VE. Please include any other direction as to what else I should try, thanks.

JOHNGEAR
August 27th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Hello, this is my tune(changed a few things) and it is what the logs 4 & 5 are from without adjusting anything.
The logs are street(some long boring parts) and have not done anything to them.
Please check it out and could you offer advice as to what to do with the AutoVE info now?
If I need to redo, not a problem because if you notice, there was only one map made and I don't know if there was to be two when two external input signals from the F.A.S.T. wbO2 duel sensors was logging?

JOHNGEAR
August 29th, 2011, 04:18 AM
I just noticed that I did not follow the AutoVE instructions as stated. The commanded AFR needs to be set to something other than 14.63 to prevent O2 narrow band from using STFT. Question, can i just change the {B3601} to something higher like 14.73 instead of changing {B3647} or will that mess up the BEN because it will calculate for that number? Also, do I need two maps when using a duel external input? I will try this again so ignore the previous posted tune and logs. When I try to fliter, I do not have the"TPS Moves Too Fast or Low Coolant Temp" in the drop down menu so what should I use?

joecar
August 29th, 2011, 05:27 AM
I just noticed that I did not follow the AutoVE instructions as stated. The commanded AFR needs to be set to something other than 14.63 to prevent O2 narrow band from using STFT. Question, can i just change the {B3601} to something higher like 14.73 instead of changing {B3647} or will that mess up the BEN because it will calculate for that number? Also, do I need two maps when using a duel external input? I will try this again so ignore the previous posted tune and logs. When I try to fliter, I do not have the"TPS Moves Too Fast or Low Coolant Temp" in the drop down menu so what should I use?
Yes, correct. No, you should really modify B3647.

With two widebands, you can uses either one, or you could average them if they do not significantly differ.

You definitely need the TPS filter, you can create a filter with this, or you can modify an existing one... the Low ECT filter can be worked around by taking logs only when ECT is sufficiently warm.