PDA

View Full Version : AeroForce Interceptor

nubuilder
August 19th, 2011, 04:12 AM
I recently purchased EFI Live V2 and now I'm looking to get some gauges for monitoring things. I'm really considering getting the AeroForce Interceptor gauges. I realize that when using EFI Live, the gauges would be un-usable since they plug into the OBD-II port also.

My question pertains to compatibility with EFI Live. Does anyone know if the wideband O2 sensor, from AeroForce (http://aeroforcetech.com/products_sensors.html), will work with EFI Live?

I have also heard that the Innovate LC-1 is supported by EFI Live, but that is just an air/fuel gauge and for a little more money, I can monitor much more. My secondary question is does anyone know if the LC-1 would work with the AeroForce gauges? I might consider buying the LC-1 sensor only and then hook it up to the AeroForce gauges.

All I understand about sensors and gauges is that they run on a 0-5 volt signal. Other than that, I'm in the dark.

Any comments, concerns, advice, or help is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you,
Matt

I look forward to reading A LOT of tutorials on here.

joecar
August 19th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Hi Matt welcome to the forum :cheers:

Do you have the pdf user manual for the AeroForce, please post it here.

If the AeroForce has a 0-5V analog output for emitting AFR, then this will work with the V2's analog inputs.
If the AeroForce also has a serial comms port that emits AFR/lambda as text/binary data, then Blacky (the developer) will want to know about it.

If the AeroForce gauge has a 0-5V analog input, then the LC-1 should be able to work with it... you might want to ask AeroForce about this.

joecar
August 19th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Is this the user manual for the AeroForce wideband...?

If so, it looks like it is 0-5V analog (does not have serial comms).

nubuilder
August 19th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the welcome joecar! :)

So I should contact AeroForce and see what kinds of outputs and inputs it has/uses? I doubt they will admit that the LC-1 will work with it since they want you to buy their wideband O2 sensor :laugh:.

I have to admit, I'm slightly confused right now. Hypothetically speaking.....if I were to unplug the AeroForce from the OBD-II port, it will loose power unless I wire it differently (somehow). Then with power to the AeroForce but unplugged from the port, the only info it will be able to read/display is the info from added sensors (wideband and an oil pressure/temp sensors; my truck doesn't have an oil sensor that the ECM reads) since it will be unplugged from the rest of the system. Then wires would need to be run to the EFI Live box?

How would the data from the wideband (regardless of brand) get to the EFI Live box? Since the data isn't going through the ECM, extra wires would need to be run to the EFI box. Where would those go to? The ports/jacks on the bottom of it? Honestly, I've only looked at the box once since getting it.

Again, I'm new to the whole tuning/gauges/sensors/data world. I'm really trying to wrap my head around how this all works.

joecar
August 20th, 2011, 09:11 AM
There are 2 ways to get wideband data to the EFILive FlashScan V2:
- 0-5V analog voltage signal (V2 has four analog inputs), all widebands support this,
- serial comms RS-232 protocol (V2 has a serial comms port), only a few widebands support this (e.g. LC-1, AEM, FJO, PLX, TE, to name a few).