PDA

View Full Version : Wideband woes

purrvert
January 10th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Installed PLX with display, can't get the Black Box to log it. Tied ground to D and positive signal to E on the orange plug. Verified the connection with volmeter, shows readings from 2vdc to 4.8vdc. EFI will show 1vdc to 1.1vdc with 12.2AFR. Have selected EXT.AD1 and AD2 with the wideband cal BEN_PLX1 and PLX2. Any help would be appreciated.

Black02SS
January 10th, 2006, 09:48 PM
When you check the voltage, was the ground used constant? If not, it sounds like a grounding issue maybe.

purrvert
January 11th, 2006, 03:10 AM
When you check the voltage, was the ground used constant? If not, it sounds like a grounding issue maybe.

Wish it was that simple, all connections have been verified. I can watch the voltage change with meter from orange plug. The PLX display and the voltage at Black Box/orange plug coincide. Everything seems to follow along but EFI treats it as open voltage. EFI reports the same with or without the signal plugged in.

Black02SS
January 11th, 2006, 03:40 AM
Hmm....Let me ask this. What does the voltage show when it is plugged into the FlashScan box with the meter? If you just plugged it into D then all you will see values from is EXT.AD1. EXT.AD1 won't show anything.

purrvert
January 11th, 2006, 04:11 AM
Voltage shows anywhere from 2vdc to 4.8vdc when plugged in. The voltage follows the PLX display. I've used paper clips to assure the signal is getting through plug.