PDA

View Full Version : Crank angle sender

RXP855
August 22nd, 2011, 07:30 PM
Ok, here is the story. I have a 350 vortec crate engine, bought as a carby version. I am using a crank trigger distributor and so had to retro fit a reluctor / sender to the motor. Had trouble finding a pig tail for the sender so the fix was to fit three individual wires and fill the socket with glue, easy. Now I know the sender has +12V, signal and ground but wich is wich I dont know !. I believe the middle one is the signal and i suspect the bottom is +12V and that leaves the top as ground ?. Can someone confirm my suspisions ?.

RXP855
August 26th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Ok, here is the story. I have a 350 vortec crate engine, bought as a carby version. I am using a crank trigger distributor and so had to retro fit a reluctor / sender to the motor. Had trouble finding a pig tail for the sender so the fix was to fit three individual wires and fill the socket with glue, easy. Now I know the sender has +12V, signal and ground but wich is wich I dont know !. I believe the middle one is the signal and i suspect the bottom is +12V and that leaves the top as ground ?. Can someone confirm my suspisions ?.

Is anyone able to take a look at the sender on their motor and let me know the orientation of the wires on the sender ?. Should be pink, yellow and purple. All I need to know is what color is at the top, middle and bottom of the plug when it is installed in the timing cover. Anyone ????.