PDA

View Full Version : MAP Sensor O-ring

dc_justin
January 11th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Does anybody know the part number of the MAP Sensor O-ring or where I can buy a similar replacement? I knicked mine when switching to the 2bar sensor and it's causing a vacuum leak. Did it a while back, but just dawned on me why my autotune is solid in SD mode but lean under heavy vac and rich under boost when I re-enable the MAF.

Thanks for the help

EDIT: Nevermind, stumbled on it. 16194007

Bruce Melton
January 11th, 2006, 11:39 PM
It is a known problem on the FAST intakes as well.. You can bed it in with Silicone.

joecar
January 12th, 2006, 05:42 AM
Find some generic o-rings of the same diameter and cross-section at your local parts store.

dc_justin
January 12th, 2006, 05:44 AM
Find some generic o-rings of the same diameter and cross-section at your local parts store.

It's not a standard O-ring, per se. I think the only way to get a proper seal would be with the proper seal or with a good amount of Silicone.

joecar
January 12th, 2006, 07:45 AM
I tried looking up this o-ring, and it is not shown as a separate part (F-body parts PDF);
it has no part number and seems to only come packaged with the map sensor;
this is just ridiculous. :nixweiss:

dc_justin
January 12th, 2006, 07:48 AM
I tried looking up this o-ring, and it is not shown as a separate part (F-body parts PDF);
it has no part number and seems to only come packaged with the map sensor;
this is just ridiculous. :nixweiss:

Doesn't even come included with purchase of a new map sensor. Go figure. I just ordered a couple of them from a dealer in Texas. Around $2.50 each.

DaleMX
January 12th, 2006, 01:53 PM
I siliconed mine and made a hold down from .062" X 1.0" Aluminum. I bolted it to the intake under that fixture for the knock sensor plug.