PDA

View Full Version : Torque Management

FUBAR
August 25th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Please don't throw stones at me for bringing this up...but is torque management going to be looked at more closely? Not at all complaining how my trucks runs or all the great accomplishments that have been made regarding the Cummins ECM. I just know there are parts of the ECM regarding torque management that we have not seen that someone else has. Guys with big turbos are probably interested as well on this issue.

-Andrew

icemanjc1
August 25th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Same reason I've never brought it up. So many people kept saying torque management was just cranked throttle sensitivity..... Thanks to EFI Live i know it's not. Everyone has been focused on RPM defueling, figured I'd wait it out.

zfuller123
August 25th, 2011, 03:32 PM
I think it will be on the agenda soon.... now that we tagged the 5000 RPM mark fully fueled :-) I'm so stoked about that!

icemanjc1
August 27th, 2011, 02:49 PM
I think it will be on the agenda soon.... now that we tagged the 5000 RPM mark fully fueled :-) I'm so stoked about that!

To be honest, the way my truck runs after 2200rpms i stop at 3k, that's all I need. I couldn't fathom 5k revs. Crazyness...

AH64ID
August 28th, 2011, 06:36 AM
To be honest, the way my truck runs after 2200rpms i stop at 3k, that's all I need. I couldn't fathom 5k revs. Crazyness...

Me too.. I spend most my time in the 1600-2500 range.

DoghouseDiesel
September 6th, 2011, 01:15 PM
For those that have been waiting on some more power during launch, Ross found that limiter and we tried it out yesterday.

This is a screen shot of what would be my launch RPM and boost in the truck.

This is asking for 71mm3 at approx ~2000 RPM (where my converter stalls and wants to start pulling) and making 24 psi of boost.

Building the boost was very smooth and completely controllable. No drama what so ever.

Before Ross found this parameter, I couldn't make more than 15 psi and the truck stuttered as it defueled.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll189/Cumminalong/Dohouse Diesel Pics/EFI Live Screen Shots/BoostLaunch.jpg

This is a video clip of what the truck sounded like at launch BEFORE this parameter was found.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl36DP7MFrw

icemanjc1
September 6th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Thats exciting news. This must be the other fix that Ross was teasing us with in another thread...

GMPX
September 6th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Yes it would be indeed.

FUBAR
September 6th, 2011, 09:46 PM
I fully retract my statement in my original post now. I needed a tune for an event this upcoming weekend and Dmaxink supplied me one and for some reason this thing SCREAMS down low now. Hmmm...looks like I got a surprise gift in the tune..

Good job Ross!

Howling
September 6th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Great news,this gets better with each update.