PDA

View Full Version : Locking Tunes?

dsltnr
August 26th, 2011, 02:30 AM
Please forgive me if this has been covered. I did some searching but did not find an answer. Can you lock your tunes so they cannot be accessed or pulled from the ECM by someone else? If I were to load a custom tune onto a ecm on a persons truck can someone else then later simply pull that tune off, read it and then copy it? Or, will the tuner have the ability to "lock" or secure that tune somehow to where someone else cannot do that.

Sorry if that sounds like a silly question, just curious as this would be, in my opinion, a great option.

Thanks and this is a great site.

Duramax 6.6L
August 26th, 2011, 03:01 AM
Locking the tunes in the cummins ecm are not available yet. I is available on the duramax ecms. I hope that you will be able to lock the ecm but I have not heard anything on that as of yet.

Dmaxink
August 26th, 2011, 07:04 AM
@the bottom of the calibrations window where it says "operating system patches" (its a red folder)

icem237
August 26th, 2011, 07:15 AM
@the bottom of the calibrations window where it says "operating system patches" (its a red folder)

Korys right , The red folder shows up when you have the computer connected through the flashscan with the tune software open. Thats when i see it . Can lock it that way.

Duramax 6.6L
August 26th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Korys right , The red folder shows up when you have the computer connected through the flashscan with the tune software open. Thats when i see it . Can lock it that way.

Thank you for the info, did not know that was possible.