PDA

View Full Version : lean cruise

69camaro5speed
January 11th, 2006, 02:39 PM
has anyone used the lean cruise i was thinking about trying it not sure i understand the table is it like the pe modifier based on rpms like if you put 1.1it would be 14.68*1.1=16.14 air fuel commanded using a wide band to watch it of corse thanks

Tordne
January 11th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Lean Cruise will only work if you have a Holden vehicle. There are already threads about that.. But there is specific code in the PCM that looks at the vehicle type and EFILive can not get around it.

The closest you can get to it is by using a EFILive V3 custom OS and using the {B3647} Open Loop fuelling table.

Not the answer you were after, but hope it helps.

Cheers,

MN C5
January 11th, 2006, 04:53 PM
PM sent...........

GMPX
January 11th, 2006, 05:22 PM
EFILive can not get around it.

There is a difference between 'can no't and 'will not' ;)

Cheers,
Ross

Tordne
January 11th, 2006, 05:47 PM
There is a difference between 'can no't and 'will not' ;)

Cheers,
Ross

I know that mate, when you have the code you can do anything. I just didn't want to start the pleading :muahaha:. For legal reason it's won't be done etc.

GMPX
January 11th, 2006, 06:36 PM
For legal reason it's won't be done etc.

That's the funny part, the bypass is happening out there from someone who should no better, nothing to do with EFILive thankfully.

Cheers,
Ross

mistermike
January 12th, 2006, 12:26 PM
I tried the lean cruise on my Holden/GTO and it was kind of wierd. It was acting like it didn't want to disengage when my vehicle speed dropped below the trigger point. I'm not sure if this behavior is normal or not. I wound up using the AFR/RPM/kPa table in O/S 3 which can be applied to any car, and it works fine for that purpose.

87gmc
January 14th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Can you say NOP:beer:

Your cats wont like it thats all i have to say about that

ringram
January 14th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Also stock holden values are apparently too high, like 16.x:1 word has it that mid 15's are the best target for all round cruise.
I use a combo of b3647 in OS3 and lighter lean cruise settings.