PDA

View Full Version : Still no support for bosch E69? caddy, pontiac, camaro

SIDICAM
September 1st, 2011, 11:45 AM
What is the deal with this? I personally have a 2011 Camaro v6 with e69 and I am not about to be 1 out of those hundreds of peoples who are paying $600 to purchase a mail order tune. Are you guys ever going to put out a software for us the Bosch e69 guys?

GMPX
September 1st, 2011, 12:02 PM
Shame you don't have a 2012 V6, we have support for those since GM 'finally' ditched the Bosch ECM's.
Anyway, to answer your question, it is not something we are currently working on. 3 or 4 months ago we added read (and write) support for all the Bosch ECM's, E55, E77 & E69 to get a bit of a feel for the ECM's internals and the differences between model years. Given we haven't been flooded with reads (not one V6 Camaro BTW) we are going to assume the market just isn't there (compared to other viable options). I know you are going to tell me 'but wait, there's so many V6 Camaro's out there', yes that is true, but I don't think people understand just how difficult those Bosch ECM's are to properly tune with no firm indication that it would be worth the R&D time, I know very little about the Bosch SIDI ECM's workings which makes things even harder for us.
I know that HPT cop a lot of flack for not supporting the late model Bosch ECM's too, they probably chose not to do them for the same reason we stopped working on them, selling 25, 50 units does not justify the costs to make it happen.
Sorry SIDICAM, I know it's not what you wanted to hear.

Cheers,
Ross

andrewjamesbond1
September 1st, 2011, 02:04 PM
Bosch ECM's are gone finally???? Just delphi now? and what about G8 V6's :D

lol, I know, never going to happen... I hate Bosch with a passion... Will the next gen Dmax have a delphi or bosch? (give me your best guess)

GMPX
September 1st, 2011, 02:43 PM
I have no idea on the Duramax, they've only just changed to the E86 Bosch ECM in those for the LML, so I bet it'll be around for a few more years to come with all it's miserable restrictions.

SIDICAM
September 2nd, 2011, 12:58 AM
well its a shame that us camaro guys didnt even get a chance to show you guys how bad we are looking for a self tuning program. As long as I been on camaro5 we never heard or even have known about the latest interest you guys had in e69 bosch. I know it probably wont matter anymore but I can almost guarantee you that if I was to go on camaro5 or caddyforums right now and post something like "who want efi live e69 support?" I bet you that you will see almost everybody who has e69 say they want one and there's alot of us not even counting the LNF and pontiac guys. I know someone saying I want one does not necessarily turn into sale figure for you guys but isn't the "interest" where it start with any r&d, production, or even promotion?

Just to give you guys an idea of how much of a hp/modding junkies camaro v6 guys are, vararam just came out with a intake solution for us camaro guys and we have over 100k views and over 3k replies and vararam could not even keep up with their production because they sold so many, and this was only over 5 month period.

Trifecta tune sell their mail order kit for $600 dollars. I can't even imagine how many they been selling. The 2 years I been on there it has been at least 1 guy on average posting every week talking about he just got tuned and how much they just love their new tune.

Hypertech just announced a new tune for camaro v6 guys, so many guys are patiently waiting for productio.

Do a search for hp tuners on camaro 5 and you will see the interest we have on self tuning kits that only you and hp can offer.

GMPX
September 2nd, 2011, 08:01 AM
Do a search for hp tuners on camaro 5 and you will see the interest we have on self tuning kits that only you and hp can offer.
I've only seen the criticism they've got on their own forum from Camaro owners and especially the LNF tuners. I am sure if either HPT or EFILive released tuning for the V6 Camaro the very next day people would be wanting to tune for boost etc, which on a Bosch is a total nightmare.
I know HPT have also struck problems where the Bosch ECM's can't be read (2.8L Turbo as an example), at this stage because we haven't had anyone try to read the Camaro we don't know if we could even support them. No read = No support.

Boost
September 2nd, 2011, 09:08 AM
I understand. For years, I've been shopping my vehicles "around" what is supported LOL :) If I can't tune it, I don't want it, and vice versa just because I got it, I can't make it easier to support. Good news is they can trade in for a '12+ V6 Camaro, it's not the end of the world and they will be good to go.

slows10
September 2nd, 2011, 09:53 AM
What is the deal with this? I personally have a 2011 Camaro v6 with e69 and I am not about to be 1 out of those hundreds of peoples who are paying $600 to purchase a mail order tune. Are you guys ever going to put out a software for us the Bosch e69 guys? Why not post a read file when you joined the forum and asked this question? Thousands of V6 camaro owners want a tuner program but not one read in four months. like boost was kinda saying "trade it in for a 2012". Or buy a V8. Is it possible to swap in another ecm?

GMPX
September 2nd, 2011, 12:09 PM
Thousands of V6 camaro owners want a tuner program but not one read in four months.
Not only that, we hear it from shops too, man the number of V6 Camaro's we get it is amazing, yet still no read from one, seems pretty odd to me.
As for swapping in another ECM, it would be a massive task, the only choice would be the E39, but the 2012 3.6L SIDI V6 is not exactly the same as the previous SIDI one.

L31Sleeper
September 2nd, 2011, 01:15 PM
I've been involved in quite a few "please support" threads and I just realized something.
Why would someone purchase EFI Live to send in their file in if there might not be support for it ?
Seems kind of like a catch 22.

I DON'T mean to strike a nerve, it just popped into my head.

-Justin

slows10
September 2nd, 2011, 10:03 PM
Not only that, we hear it from shops too, man the number of V6 Camaro's we get it is amazing, yet still no read from one, seems pretty odd to me.
As for swapping in another ECM, it would be a massive task, the only choice would be the E39, but the 2012 3.6L SIDI V6 is not exactly the same as the previous SIDI one. Thats what I meant, found a shop or someone with efilive and read my file out. Then come to the forum and said heres one, can you take a look at it. Especially when efilive said 4 months ago"we will take a look". A decent shop owner probably would not charge to do this.

SIDICAM
September 3rd, 2011, 12:00 AM
I've been involved in quite a few "please support" threads and I just realized something.
Why would someone purchase EFI Live to send in their file in if there might not be support for it ?
Seems kind of like a catch 22.

I DON'T mean to strike a nerve, it just popped into my head.

-Justin

I was just about to ask this question. So we are suppose to purchase a program just so we can read the ecm?

Actually, hp stated that reading the ecm is not the problem for them and they didnt give up on bosch just yet. According to them, they have something that they think it will work but they are not looking into it until later this year. So at least somebody still has some sense(no pun intended EFI).

GMPX
September 3rd, 2011, 12:51 PM
They wouldn't and we would certainly discourage someone doing so, there is plenty of existing EFILive customers out there who might be able to read these ECM's though.

I was just about to ask this question. So we are suppose to purchase a program just so we can read the ecm?
See above

Actually, hp stated that reading the ecm is not the problem for them
Yes they did, often.