PDA

View Full Version : Reading Error $0311

dvst8r
September 3rd, 2011, 01:17 AM
I am attempting to read the stock tune off of a new install of EFI Live, it is on a 2006 5.9 with the G56 manual trans. I have updated all firmware and software. Auto detect works fine, click read and in the box beside it goes "Checking data, then reading" and then "Error Mode not supported $0311 ($11)"

It previously has had both smarty S06 and SSR on it, both returned to stock.

I have trace files if that will help anyone.

olboyowl
September 3rd, 2011, 11:24 AM
you might have to us a different stock tune. i've heard of the same problems you are having with other guys who had smarty and set it back to stock and it wouldn't read. check out compd. heres the address to the page i'm talkin about. http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113367. hope this helps

dvst8r
September 3rd, 2011, 01:20 PM
That was it!

Thanks!!

GMPX
September 3rd, 2011, 09:55 PM
Yeah sorry, it's a pain, but return to stock doesn't seem to really return to a 100% stock program on some programmers. The issue then becomes we cannot get a 100% read off the ECM.

Meshanic
September 4th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I've noticed on some box tuners, IE the predator, it doesn't save the stock tune file when you I program the truck. The way I figure the tuner has a "stock like" tune that it flashes back when I return to stock.