PDA

View Full Version : Fuel duration limiter troubles!

icem237
September 5th, 2011, 06:25 AM
I have been having problems with tunes lately since the new option of setting the limiting of duration . What has happend is when using say OS 11501001 , which is for an 07 manual, everything else in tuning works but when you set the duration limiter to minimum it makes no change. I tried other 06 OS's for manual and ran into the same problem. I reused the stock tune from my truck which still has the high idle enabled (os 11352602), and well it worked till yesterday i just reconfigured my pedal postion tables and saved, loaded as normal with no hitches. Get out and hammer it in when it hits 3400rpm, bam it dropped off.... Now this same tune has worked the past few days till I adjusted the pedal position. Shouldnt have any bearing on the duration limiter. Filters are new, good fuel, so on and so forth.

I talked with FUBAR , and hes been having the same issues. I have tried reinstalling 7.5 and 8.2 softwares, making sure all firmware is the latest, umm just about everything i can think of . Tried making a script of the current tune and running over clean copy of my stock tune and still the same results . Really frustrating.

This with andrews issues being the same , Im suprised some big tuners havent seen this yet. May not happen with all OS's im not sure.

Ill attach a log to .

FUBAR
September 5th, 2011, 07:06 AM
As stated by icem237, I can concur with what he is saying. I had this issue a little while ago. The new pulse limiter option did not work with my original OS. So I tried a different one out of the Tune Depot. Still didn't work. Kory was kind enough to help me with this issue. But even he couldn't make sense of it other than it may be programming issues. So as a hail mary, he sent me his personal tune with a different OS that he knew that worked, and I had success. So I manually copied values out of my old OS into the new one that worked from Kory's and the pulse limit option did not work. Also Kory did have my original OS on file with one of his tunes, and it worked which is weird because it doesn't on mine. I can send somebody the same tune to download on the same OS or manually copy/script/update to mine from somebody else and the pulse limiter will not work. ***EDIT*** mine will cut pulse starting at 2800rpm on up and will cut down to 1300uS or so what ever mm3 it's referencing, which around 75mm3 or so off the top of my head.

I can't even fathom being a professional tuner and selling tunes to somebody not knowing the the tune will program or flash right and not perform correctly.

I just hope people that might be experiencing this issue will come forward and hopefully not be fooled that just because their truck runs great now, that they don't know the difference. The only way for something to get fixed, is to recognize the problem. Hopefully Kory will chime in on this as well.

Thanks,
-Andrew

GMPX
September 5th, 2011, 09:03 AM
We hope to release another update this week with the second pulse limiter bypass in there, I guarantee that will stop any pulse reduction, I think see how you go on that one.
There's also another fix in there that everyone will be happy to hear about :grin:

FUBAR
September 5th, 2011, 09:56 AM
There's also another fix in there that everyone will be happy to hear about :grin:

Nothing like creating excitement of anticipation Ross! And glad to hear about the previously stated being fixed.

Thanks again,
-Andrew

Dmaxink
September 5th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Duhh I'm not thinking...Andrew- the tune I sent you has that latest beta update in it :-) lol you can't see it because Ross has not released it yet..but that limiter is turned off in the OS I sent u that full fuels....lol

2007 5.9
September 5th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Duhh I'm not thinking...Andrew- the tune I sent you has that latest beta update in it :-) lol you can't see it because Ross has not released it yet..but that limiter is turned off in the OS I sent u that full fuels....lol

I did the same thing today...sent a customer a tune...we met up and I looked at his logs and compared to the tune.

Noticed that none if the new limiter disables were there...tore my hair out loading and reloading sw, only to realize that they are on my laptop with the beta calz but in his they aren't since they aren't public yet!!!

Dummy!!!

~Les

Dmaxink
September 5th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Glad to see i wasnt the only one Les! I just literally thought about this seeing Fubar's post! :cucumber:

97singlecab
September 8th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Anyway to get an early release of this. I have a customers 06 automatic truck that is doing the exact same thing. He wants to go racing this weekend and I've tried everything to make this thing fuel to no avail.

2006Cummins
September 11th, 2011, 04:49 AM
I am having problems with pulse-width limiting also. Not sure if it is the same problem that you guys are having, or if it's just my fault. I have tried about everything that I can think of with no luck. Admittedly, I little experience with efilive. This is the first tune that I have been playing with, and I'm just trying to get a good feel for each setting before I start over and make more of a educated tune. The tune is not something that I am that proud of at the moment, or is anywhere near complete - just getting a feel for it. If anyone would be willing to give me some feedback I would really appreciate it!

Tune:

Data log:

icem237
September 11th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Seems like i have found a glitch, Im not sure whats happening. But it seems when i make changes several times to a file that im working on (exact number of times varies), the duration limiter gets fauled up and stops working. Because after trying everything i can think of for past few days, i finally took my stock file ran a script on it and bam the limiter control is functioning again . Im not sure if files are corrupting or its a software related issue. But Im going to change this file several times and see if i can reproduce this glitch.

FUBAR
September 11th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Hopefully you're on to something icem237. I know a truck that was not limiting, is NOW limiting after editing the tune.

Any idea when the Grand poo-pah Pulse Limiter or next release gonna be?

GMPX
September 11th, 2011, 12:54 PM
With this limiting you guys are talking about, from about 3,000RPM up the stock setting for that calibration will start to reduce your commanded pulse time, setting it to minimal will increase that to around 3,900RPM (This is assuming a pulse time of around 2,500uS). Is this what you are seeing or something different?
I will probably post the new .calz files up later today, the 'glitches' we hit were all solved.

FUBAR
September 11th, 2011, 01:17 PM
What I used to hit 2800uS-3000uS from 2800RPM-3600RPM is now anywhere from 2100uS-2500uS max. 2500uS is a good pulse time, but in the same tune modified nothing to do with fueling, same truck, pulse limiter set to min, it will fuel less. Hopefully the new Grand-poo-pah limiter will solve that from the sounds of it.

Oh and I have very good reason to believe there is a Pedal Position mm3 multiplier in relation to another form of torque management while cruising to wide open. Dependent on what, I don't know. I have logs to prove it though. I am going to test a theory out in the morning, if it holds water, I'll post later.

FUBAR
September 11th, 2011, 01:20 PM
I know mm3 is purely a reference, but I can fuel and hold 170mm3 at 2500uS to 3600rpm where I let out of it on what I believe to be the mm3 multiplier, which feels stronger than the 145mm3 at 2800-3000uS that drops to 120mm3 between 2800-3600rpm.

FUBAR
September 11th, 2011, 01:46 PM
The new files will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ross.

GMPX
September 13th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Update has been posted here.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?17305-Cummins-.calz-update-v7.07

Meshanic
September 23rd, 2011, 03:07 PM
No more posts since the update. I'm assuming the RPM bouncing adventure is over for all of us.

Good update! You guys always have our back.

Pusher
September 25th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I never tried To tune a cummins before the calz update, so I don't know if it's any different, but I haven't got full fueling so far. I'm going to try some more things first to make sure the problem isn't just my tune, or maybe I need to try some more OS's. Just gotta get the truck back over here to check it out some more.

FUBAR
September 25th, 2011, 03:05 PM
All my duration woes went away with new update..regardless of OS.

Pusher
September 26th, 2011, 04:24 AM
I better make sure my updates got installed right then.

mispeeld with tapatalkz

97singlecab
September 26th, 2011, 04:35 AM
they didnt make much difference in the automatic trans truck im working on. it still gradually pulls fuel starting at 2800 rpm. i have logs of it if anyone is intetested in seeing it

2007 5.9
September 26th, 2011, 05:36 AM
You adjusted the pid control within the rpm limiters table??

~Les

97singlecab
September 26th, 2011, 05:45 AM
yes