PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Camaro New Torque Converter

Duke
September 9th, 2011, 06:13 AM
I just installed a new Circle D single disc torque converter and I'm trying to adjust when it locks up. With the stock T43 tune, at part throttle, the rpms just hang in 3rd gear so I want to lock it in third but not at WOT (WOT > 50% TPS).

Looking at the tables, it seems that there is a conflict between WOT Control Speeds and the Normal/Pattern A/Pattern B/TUTD Control Speeds at 100% TPS. For example, D2237 3rd WOT Apply Speed, Normal is 21 MPH, but the Normal Control Speed Table its 217 MPH at 100% TPS.

I'm a newbie and just trying to understand.
Why the difference in the 2 Tables?
Is 100% TPS different than WOT?
Is there some other table that adjusts these numbers?
In the Normal/Pattern A/Pattern B Tables, why aren't the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Apply speeds 318? For the Normal Table they are 318, 132, and 217 respectively.

Also, Circle D recommends 0 slip when locked up. The only reference I could find to slip is D2216 TCC Lock Pressure Ramp. Is this the right Table? If not, then what is?

One more question, Is Normal the "D" mode and Patter A the "S" mode? What is Pattern B? Oops that was 2 questions.
:help2:

Rhino79
September 9th, 2011, 12:54 PM
You don't have the tables to properly tune for your new converter. You have to adjust the converter slip with the PWM tables, they havent been added yet. On the other table settings, mine were weird like that. I wouldn't worry about that as much as making sure there is no slip (100% min and max on the PWM tables). I wouldn't lock in 3rd because it is still a relatively low gear. You definitely need to add some line pressure over stock and stay above .2 on the shift times or you risk toasting the trans.

Duke
September 10th, 2011, 03:22 AM
Thanks Rhino,

What does PWM stand for? Am I wearing out my TC clutches with the stock amount of slip? What do I do until EFILive decides to work on this? I've added line pressure and shift times are 0.21 - 0.25.

Another weird setting is for the 2>3 Shift Max Adapt Volume at 40 cm3 while the other shift volumes are 200 cm3. Should I change the 2>3 volume to 200 cm3?

Rhino79
September 10th, 2011, 02:05 PM
I changed that to 200 and the 2-3 seemed to feel better. Also the PWM stands for pulse width modulation, it has to do with the converter apply. And you will have to either have someone with HPTuners to set the converter tables up or you will prematurely wear out that lockup clutch. It will not hold up like the stocker being that it is smaller in diameter and there is more slip rpm from the converter when unlocked, so that adds up to more slip at partial lockup.