PDA

View Full Version : Anti Theft Tune

jeckeler
September 9th, 2011, 11:02 AM
So I got my DSP5 setup. and Was wondering if this will work and I am looking for other suggestions. Basicly want to disable the truck in position 1 IE stock tune. I went in and zeroed out all the pedal tables and Now can sit with the pedal to the floor and only see 900 rpms. And when I move tunes normal operation...

Thoughts suggestions?

Thanks

Mike

08 LMM

The Neens
September 9th, 2011, 04:14 PM
If you don't want it to start, enter all zeros in the injection pulse and fuel pressure tables...

jeckeler
September 9th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Still want to use remote start so that's a no go.

Thanks

Mike

andrewjamesbond1
September 9th, 2011, 04:28 PM
Instead of zeroing out all of the cells (for pulsewidth), zero out the cells for 20-25mm3 and above. That should also help. OR, you could zero out the torque base fuel table, but leave the idle sections. I am trying to think of other ways... Good idea tho!

The Neens
September 9th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Still want to use remote start so that's a no go.

Thanks

Mike

Got it...So you park with the switch in the "idle only" position so remote start still works...Unfortunately, the truck could still be idled down the road and loaded on a flatbed or trailer...I zero out in DSP4 so the engine won't fire, but I don't have remote start...

killerbee
September 11th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Pardon my curiosity.
How do you have an anti-theft tune, using a dsp switch that can just be turned in order to drive away?

jeckeler
September 11th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Keylock switch.

nevinsb
September 11th, 2011, 08:38 AM
I'm not a diesel guy, so I don't know, but is there different park/in gear fuel/throttle settings you can use, so if they try to take it out of park or push the clutch in it will die?

killerbee
September 12th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Keylock switch.

Go with The Neens recommendation then.

BTW, there is a way to build an anti-start tune, that will prevent startup, but not kill the engine once it has been started in another key position. But this is not what you are after apparently. It is however a safer way to tune, for someone who is going to be switching on the fly. Idle only is very effective for theft protection IMO. Maybe moreso, as it will likely result in a panic bailout, instead of further interior damage.