PDA

View Full Version : '07 TBSS log & tune - please look and advise

Boost
September 9th, 2011, 12:17 PM
I am trying to improve and smooth out the performance of my friend's lightly modded '07 Trailblazer SS RWD. I have attached a log and tune file, and I have lots of questions, your input and time is greatly appreciated. (oh how I miss a dear forum brother with stuff like this...) This truck has a tune in progress, catback and intake as well as electric fans added which required a custom OS. The goal is to improve the power and acceleration for daily driving, detect / correct any outstanding problems, and learn. My general questions are:

-what should I and what should I not be logging?
-how can we improve the performance
-is there anything obvious you can tell from the data I provided

We are in South Florida and are seeing 100+ degree temps with very high humidity. This log was on premium (93 octane) pump gas, in the afternoon in heavy rain. It is basically 2 quick bursts of acceleration fully warmed up, a first gear roll that resulted in sideways 2nd gear shift and hence let off to avoid death, and a 2nd gear type acceleration. Sorry for the conditions, I will eagerly listen to advice and repeat logs as needed.

My log specific questions are:

-why is there 8 degrees of KR?
-why is the max TP 80% when it was floored?
-since max retard due to knock is 3.x degrees, does that mean the rest is for other reasons, and what are they?
-why is 18 degrees being pulled?

At this point we do not have access to a WB, that is coming but I know for sure it is entirely possible to smooth this out and obtain valuable info in the meanwhile. I really really appreciate your help, it is always when I ask these questions that I learn here. Thanks!!!

etmotorsports
September 10th, 2011, 04:32 PM
B5107 IAT spark table check that out

I don't know exactly why the tp is 83% max but that is how it always is on SAE pid on electronic throttle body vehicles.

Boost
September 10th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Thank you David! I will look into those two, thanks for your time checking out my log. Nice website BTW, I will refer the owner of this TBSS as he is seriously considering mods such as nitrous and maybe more.

If anyone else has input on this project / log please continue to chime in, I love advice!

Thanks guys :)

ScarabEpic22
March 28th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Know Im late to the party, but can you post the stock ECM and TCM tunes for this 07 TBSS? I want to start with a fresh 07 stock set and I dont know if the ones I have are 100% stock or not.