PDA

View Full Version : Autocal option?

dsltnr
September 10th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Will there eventually be an Autocal option for the Cummins to be able to give customers multiple tunes on a device that can be shipped to them. Just curious if this might be a future option. As if the guys are not busy enough now.....:grin:

AdamRRT
September 10th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Oh that'd be great.

Tordne
September 10th, 2011, 08:15 AM
This should be possible already.

dsltnr
September 10th, 2011, 08:41 AM
This should be possible already.

Would you care to clarify? How is it possible now? Thanks

Tordne
September 10th, 2011, 09:04 AM
In exactly the same way as it is for GM tuning with AutoCal. The device needs to be configured for the applicable controller (in this case CMB) and Programmed (copies down the necessary script/object files). Then you copy the calibrations saved for remote flashing (signed with your FlashScan V2) to the AutoCal and send to your customer. There is no difference in the process at all.

Right now however the customer will not be able to Black Box Log data to the AutoCal as that is not yet implemented in the device firmware.

Have you tried it and are getting errors or not able to for some reason?

Ira
September 10th, 2011, 01:46 PM
I think the Flashing a Cummins with AutoCal is currently broken. I've been told it should be better in a week or so. Right now it seems like the AutoCals claim they're not licensed to flash a Cummins.

Ira

dsltnr
September 10th, 2011, 03:41 PM
I think the Flashing a Cummins with AutoCal is currently broken. I've been told it should be better in a week or so. Right now it seems like the AutoCals claim they're not licensed to flash a Cummins.

Ira

This is what I thought also. I was not aware that you could ever flash a Cummins with a AutoCal. What is the bottom line? Can you or can you not. I did not think it was available yet for the Cummins. Thanks, just want to make sure I understand as there are conflicting statements so far.

So it is available and doable but just not available right now?

Ira
September 10th, 2011, 05:25 PM
AutoCal will be able to flash Cummins. It will likely be enabled with the next update.

Ira

dsltnr
September 11th, 2011, 01:27 AM
AutoCal will be able to flash Cummins. It will likely be enabled with the next update.

Ira

Thank you Ira.