PDA

View Full Version : Trouble shooting P0200 DTC code

Janke
September 10th, 2011, 10:58 AM
04 Silverado just recently did heads intake and upgraded to 80 lb injectors. Now im throwing this P0200 "Injector Control Circuit". I have gone through and triple
checked to make sure everything is plugged in. The new injectors are ev2 so I have the hard plug adaptors. I have put the ohm meter on all the injectors and they all read the same. So im not thinking its an injector. Wondering what the next step to isolating this issue would be? I found a pid GMINJECTOR1-8 looks like it
could help but Im not sure of the prerequisite pids to be able to select this?

Taz
September 10th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Hello Janke,

I have never used an injector that large - so I have no direct experience to offer. Attached is a PDF file that may assist you in diagnosing the P0200 DTC.

Regards,
Taz

etmotorsports
September 10th, 2011, 03:21 PM
What is the part number on the injectors?

Janke
September 12th, 2011, 07:34 AM
I will have to get the part number for the injectors later tonight. As of right now I have swapped back to the 60 lb siemens deka injectors that I had and have yet to get the code.. So I guess my question is
could it be something in the calibration that is causing the code to pop or is it most likely a bad injector? Mind you these are new injectors .

etmotorsports
September 12th, 2011, 07:45 AM
I would say it has something to do with the calibration for the injectors

Ira
September 12th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Is the resistance of the problem injectors significantly different from the ones that don't throw a code?

Ira

Janke
September 12th, 2011, 09:31 AM
If I had to guess the issue is with the calibration and not the injectors aswell. I did not ohm the ones
that don't throw the code to compare but I'll do that tonight aswell.

Janke
September 27th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Ok been really burnt out on this whole project. I took another solid look at the new injectors last night and it seems one of the new plug adaptors wasn't making contact. So I think I fixed it. My next question is how big of an injector can the
Stock PCM control?