PDA

View Full Version : New pricing questions...

schwoch1
September 11th, 2011, 01:03 AM
I see on the main page that EFI Live will be 'adjusting' their prices effective tomorrow. My question is, what will be increasing and how much, if known? Just curious if it more cost effective for me to buy several VIN licenses before the increase now, or that licenses are not going up and don't worry????
Just curious
Mike

Gregs
September 11th, 2011, 01:06 AM
oh man i didn't think about the serial licences... i really hope those stay where they are

Ira
September 11th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Basically everything goes up, vins, units and streams..

Ira

schwoch1
September 11th, 2011, 04:29 AM
I betcha the HP Tuners guys are going to have a field day with that one. I understand that the American dollar sucks right now, so things have to go up to compensate. It's just the way it is!! Hopefully in time, the dollar will get stronger and things may come down, but I wouldn't hold my breath!!!

Mike

GMPX
September 11th, 2011, 09:24 AM
I betcha the HP Tuners guys are going to have a field day with that one.
Unfortunately Mike people don't do the long terms maths. I speak to shops here in Australia that have spent $25K on HPTuners, I tell them that is not even possible with EFILive for tuning V8 cars, so, we've always been cheaper, but the perception is we are more expensive.
And a very quick example, local price for HPTuners 'MAFless' credits is $236 AUD per vehicle, for a normal MAF tune credits = $118 AUD.
An EFILive license goes up to $125 USD, as of today that is $116AUD, still cheaper than HPT.

So if they are going to have a field day they might not want to make too much noise.

L31Sleeper
September 11th, 2011, 04:21 PM
What gets me is that HPT does not have a stream for their COSs.
So even if you paid to unlock the WHOLE program, you would still pay to COS a car !!!

-Justin

P.S. I bought 3 vin licenses this Friday and made $600 bux this weekend. Thanx Ross !!!

GMPX
September 11th, 2011, 11:36 PM
What gets me is that HPT does not have a stream for their COSs.
So even if you paid to unlock the WHOLE program, you would still pay to COS a car !!!
I did not know that Justin, but that would explain how people end up spending so much over the years.
Glad to hear you had a successful weekend tuning too.

Cheers,
Ross