PDA

View Full Version : Ect timing retard though ECT table is zeroed

johnmaster
September 12th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Hello guys, trying to rough the timing in on my 99 silverado and do some shakedown before putting it on the rollers. I have most of the timing tables zeroed out to get timing down to a simple map without corrections. I have the ECT table zeroed out and I am still getting 2.3 degrees of ect timing pulled. Where is it coming from? I can post logs but wondering if I am missing something obvious? Also how do I disable burst knock properly? I havent even looked at it but I was getting as much as 10 degree flashes of burst knock and want to eliminate that for the time being so I can get a handle on this.

joecar
September 12th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Yes, it might be burst knock (predictive knock)... zero B6212.

Sid447
September 12th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Hello guys, trying to rough the timing in on my 99 silverado and do some shakedown before putting it on the rollers. I have most of the timing tables zeroed out to get timing down to a simple map without corrections. I have the ECT table zeroed out and I am still getting 2.3 degrees of ect timing pulled. Where is it coming from? I can post logs but wondering if I am missing something obvious? Also how do I disable burst knock properly? I havent even looked at it but I was getting as much as 10 degree flashes of burst knock and want to eliminate that for the time being so I can get a handle on this.

If your ECT table is zeroed it must be something else.

What about your IAT?

If that's zeroed; it could be the HOT values are actually too high.

johnmaster
September 13th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Not sure what hot values you are referring to? My iat table is zeroed, my ect table is zeroed, the ect multiplier table is zeroed. I zeroed my burst knock table, dfco is disabled (in turn disabling it's spark influence). Now burst knock is gone, iat seems to be gone, dfco on decel is gone, but I get up to 2.3 degrees of retard when logging est_ect_dma while I am heavy on the pedal. Anyone know how that is calculated? I must be missing something that is triggering it. getting more power ever time I flash! Can't wait for the boom:)

johnmaster
September 13th, 2011, 05:28 PM
when all else fails search:) The retard I am seeing is how they are pulling timing for boost, through that pid. Another flash, another great drive!