PDA

View Full Version : maffless on a drive by wire 2004 chevy pickup 6.0

AllOutPerformance
September 14th, 2011, 11:53 AM
What would be the best course of action?Custom o.s?
the power plant is in a 1955 chevy pickup and the wanted to run no maff so it looked clean.Its a 5 wire maff and drive by wire.What custom o.s would work best?Or do i have to run a maff because its drive by wire,I havent done any drive by wire maffless setups until now.

Taz
September 14th, 2011, 01:21 PM
It should run fine in speed density (SD) mode with the stock OS. The old standard AutoVE Gen III tuning technique required running in speed density. The only potential issue with completely removing a 5 wire MAF is the loss of the IAT (intake air temperature) input. Some people run this way with no apparent problems. I prefer to retain some type of IAT input if possible.

Regards,
Taz

minytrker
September 14th, 2011, 04:01 PM
You can buy an adapter plug which just has two wires coming out for IAT and then buy a f body IAT sensor.

AllOutPerformance
September 14th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Ya got the iat handled

Sid447
September 17th, 2011, 06:21 AM
It'll run SD,

On the stock OS. Either OL or CL. You'll just be single-spark map capable (i.e. both High and Low Octane Tables are the same values).
If you download the 2004 HSV GTS M6 or the 2003 HSV GTS-A4 files from the tunefiledepot, you'll see these are factory files that are SD with Closed Loop (note the maf frequencies aren't "failed") so that you can run with or without a maf-sensor at will.