PDA

View Full Version : Need a coolant temp adjust for main event!

icem237
September 16th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Through lots of testing between myself and fubar, come to the conclusion that the main injection event needs a coolant temp adjustment for timing when running a single event. This was suggested by others in the begining and they were exactly right. I have tried using post or pilot controlled by the coolant temp but i cant seem to get that to work.

I wasnt sure if this could be added to the software at some point for those wanting to run single event injection?

GMPX
September 16th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I recall we found some temp adjustment tables for the 5.9L but they seemed to have really crazy numbers in them. I'll revisit it again shortly.

FUBAR
September 16th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Since they were crazy numbers, do you think the table(s) is not used? I would also like to have a table(s) like this as well.

Thanks

THEFERMANATOR
September 16th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Have you considered setting your pilot and post numbers to a value below the minumum injection amount but not zero? I know for the DURAMAX if you leave a small amount in the ECM will still use it for timing and adjustment tables but will not actually use the event whereas if you put in 0 it throws all of the tables off.

AdamRRT
September 16th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Since they were crazy numbers, do you think the table(s) is not used? I would also like to have a table(s) like this as well.

Thanks

I think the way things are looking, we will make at least some sort of sense of them. With some teamwork and help, of course.

We seem to have tables & PIDs that we aren't yet seeing but we know exist. So yeah the more we see, the closer we get.

GMPX
September 16th, 2011, 06:56 PM
Since we are getting closer on the -20 degree offset, I looked at the coolant temp adjustment tables and they are making 100% sense now. I expect we will be requiring a new release shortly with some of these questions finally making sense.

olboyowl
September 17th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Have you considered setting your pilot and post numbers to a value below the minumum injection amount but not zero? I know for the DURAMAX if you leave a small amount in the ECM will still use it for timing and adjustment tables but will not actually use the event whereas if you put in 0 it throws all of the tables off.

hmm, will try this later and post results.

AdamRRT
September 18th, 2011, 02:52 PM
Since we are getting closer on the -20 degree offset, I looked at the coolant temp adjustment tables and they are making 100% sense now. I expect we will be requiring a new release shortly with some of these questions finally making sense.Ross, please make me a happy man. Haha. Tell me you mean more than just the timing and coolant stuff, and you mean the PID's we're not seeing (basing a tune off a box tune, and feeling a tune that is obviously a crazy amount of pressure but the PIDs not showing pressure or duration increases) and tables that we're not seeing (guys getting way more mm3 than commanded). EFI Live is amazing, man, and I want to be able to use it safely to its full capacity. But of course your crazy smart melon is the only one that can get us close to that option. Haha. Any thoughts man? Thanks.

olboyowl
September 18th, 2011, 11:57 PM
just a little update, taking all 0 values in post and pilot and setting them to a certain # under minimum still yielded the same results as before.