PDA

View Full Version : Woundering what modifiers effect p.e. mode

smslyguy
September 26th, 2011, 04:27 AM
I was woundering what modifiers affect p.e. mode not at wide open throttle. At wide open throttle pulls i hit my target a.f.r. and when tunning with my wideband in O.L. it hit's the targeted a.f.r. but when it is put back to C.L.S.D. mode the targeted afr is only hit at w.o.t. And yes i am aware of my trims affected p.e. mode. They are in the -2 range. It is off by about 5% in the other p.e. cells.

Taz
September 26th, 2011, 11:41 AM
When operating in OL, your particular OS will probably reference B3605 (Commanded Fuel when in Open Loop) for fuelling. If these values (B3605) are the “targeted” AFRs you are referring to - they only apply when in OL.

When operating in CL, there are numerous tables in the “Mixture” folder that will effect when, how quickly, and what exceptions may apply - to PE.

As a beginning, take a look at:

B3608 (Delay before entering PE Mode)
B3610 (PE Delay RPM Bypass)
B3613 (PE MAP Threshold)
B3616 (Normal PE Mode Enable)
B3618 (PE modifier based on RPM)
Regards,
Taz

maudyZ28
September 27th, 2011, 11:43 PM
as far as i'm aware other than temp based modifiers the PE should run directly open loop fuel table or Fuel vs RPM table. You fuel trims are the only thing that will richen up your mixture. Get the VE dialed in perfect to AFR matchs everywhere in open loop (i think you've done this) then add 1% to all cells but not the ones whcih are used in PE, (ie above 90 kpa and rpm >3000 rpm say). Thus in CL your fuel trims will pull fuel as overall the VE is slightly rich in normal driving. When in PE mode the trims will NEVER pull fuel, so you PE in the VE is dialed in perfect then you will hit your AFR at WOT. Alternatively, if you know your trims are richening the mix by a given % then reduce the commanded PE to account for this. :D

joecar
September 28th, 2011, 04:32 AM
I was woundering what modifiers affect p.e. mode not at wide open throttle. At wide open throttle pulls i hit my target a.f.r. and when tunning with my wideband in O.L. it hit's the targeted a.f.r. but when it is put back to C.L.S.D. mode the targeted afr is only hit at w.o.t. And yes i am aware of my trims affected p.e. mode. They are in the -2 range. It is off by about 5% in the other p.e. cells.This may possibly mean that your NBO2's are old.

smslyguy
September 28th, 2011, 11:16 AM
This may possibly mean that your NBO2's are old. There is only 42,000 miles on the stock O2's

smslyguy
September 28th, 2011, 11:20 AM
When operating in OL, your particular OS will probably reference B3605 (Commanded Fuel when in Open Loop) for fuelling. If these values (B3605) are the “targeted” AFRs you are referring to - they only apply when in OL.

When operating in CL, there are numerous tables in the “Mixture” folder that will effect when, how quickly, and what exceptions may apply - to PE.

As a beginning, take a look at:

B3608 (Delay before entering PE Mode)
B3610 (PE Delay RPM Bypass)
B3613 (PE MAP Threshold)
B3616 (Normal PE Mode Enable)
B3618 (PE modifier based on RPM)
Regards,
Taz

What does b4901 and 4902 actaully do to p.e mode? All the other's mentioned above have already gone through...

smslyguy
September 28th, 2011, 11:22 AM
as far as i'm aware other than temp based modifiers the PE should run directly open loop fuel table or Fuel vs RPM table. You fuel trims are the only thing that will richen up your mixture. Get the VE dialed in perfect to AFR matchs everywhere in open loop (i think you've done this) then add 1% to all cells but not the ones whcih are used in PE, (ie above 90 kpa and rpm >3000 rpm say). Thus in CL your fuel trims will pull fuel as overall the VE is slightly rich in normal driving. When in PE mode the trims will NEVER pull fuel, so you PE in the VE is dialed in perfect then you will hit your AFR at WOT. Alternatively, if you know your trims are richening the mix by a given % then reduce the commanded PE to account for this. :D

That was my thought that in p.e. mode that it meant it was runnin strictly off the v.e. tables, providing your trim's were in the negative numbers..

joecar
September 28th, 2011, 11:55 AM
What does b4901 and 4902 actaully do to p.e mode? All the other's mentioned above have already gone through...B4901-2 influence the modelling of the dynamic air temperature (DAT) [blended from IAT and ECT]...

DAT is used with VE to calculate cylinder airmass [g/cyl or g]...

airmass [g] is divided by B3601 [AFR] and multiplied by B3618 [EQR] to arrive at fuelmass [g].