PDA

View Full Version : Standalone reprogramming...

picnic_george
September 27th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Is this going to be available anytime soon? Or is it and I'm not aware of it? LOL

I've been hearing about it for a while and I would like nothing more than to just be able to press a couple buttons on my v2 and reflash my pcm to a different tune.

nevinsb
September 27th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Are you talking about the black box read/flash features? Those are available in the current release of efilive. If you want to actually edit the tune on the V2, I don't foresee that happening.

picnic_george
September 27th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Are you talking about the black box read/flash features? Those are available in the current release of efilive. If you want to actually edit the tune on the V2, I don't foresee that happening.Yes I am. I guess I need to figure out how then. Got a link to the info? I can't find it anywhere :( sorry.. I'd rather not wire a resistor into my IAT.

nevinsb
September 27th, 2011, 10:16 AM
In the 7.5 software, FILE > Save Tuning File for Remote Flashing. This will store it on your V2. Then you can go into the tuning menu on the V2 and flash/read tunes.

Taz
September 27th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Hello George,

Attached is a somewhat dated document that outlines how to BBF with the V2. Some of the screen shots and menus have changed a little, but hopefully it helps you to get the gist of how to do use the V2 to flash your PCM.

Regards,
Taz

picnic_george
September 27th, 2011, 10:26 AM
In the 7.5 software, FILE > Save Tuning File for Remote Flashing. This will store it on your V2. Then you can go into the tuning menu on the V2 and flash/read tunes.I thought it was done through the BBx v 8.x. Thank you

Hello George,

Attached is a somewhat dated document that outlines how to BBF with the V2. Some of the screen shots and menus have changed a little, but hopefully it helps you to get the gist of how to do use the V2 to flash your PCM.

Regards,
TazI'll check that out when I get to my laptop and see if it works for me.

Thanks for the help guys :cheers:

joecar
September 27th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Yes, use V8 software to configure the V2 for which PCM's you want to read/write;

[ also use V8 to configure BBL pidlists ]

be sure to use latest V8 build 170, and to program in firmware 2.07.22.

picnic_george
September 27th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Yes, use V8 software to configure the V2 for which PCM's you want to read/write;

[ also use V8 to configure BBL pidlists ]

be sure to use latest V8 build 170, and to program in firmware 2.07.22.Will do. I'm honestly not too worried about logging. I'm ok with using my laptop.

Thanks, everytime I search switching tunes I always see the diesel stuff come up and I get irritated lol.

picnic_george
October 1st, 2011, 08:49 AM
10. Turn on the engine, put the gear in (1st or D), say “In GOD I trust”… and floor it and
log the new performance data with your integrated SOPD device for further analysis.
Your other options are GTECH or Dyno.LOL I can't wait to test the butt dyno. I assume "integrated SOPD device" is integrated seat of the pants driving device hahahahaha

joecar
October 2nd, 2011, 06:07 PM
SOPD = seat of pants dyno

every human has one of these integrated into their bod's, and some are more "calibrated" than others... :hihi: