PDA

View Full Version : PC Install question

2Aspire
September 29th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Greetings,

I just purchased EFiLive FlashScan and am anxious to install it and start using it.

The question I have is regarding installing another instance of EFiLive software on different PCs. For instance, I want to load EFiLive on my laptop but its leased and I will need to reload and reactivate it when I turn in my leased PC.

Also, I would like to use my home PC for editing as my screen is larger and easier on my eyes.

They way it looks to me is that it doesnt matter if you have it installed and use it on multiple PCs as its dependant on the Flashscan interface being connected before launching. Sort of the same way a USB security dongle works.

Am I correct in this assumption? I read the installation instructions but it doesnt describe or give details regarding my specific question.

Thanks for looking.

Matt

Taz
September 29th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Hello Matt,

You may load the software on as many computers as you wish - while using a "common" V2 (V2 shared by all of the computers). The only requirement is that all of the computers run the exact same version of V7.5 and V8 software. When you update the software on one computer, you must also update the others - such that the V2 Bootblock & Firmware are compatible with each computer.

Hopefully the above makes sense ...

Regards,
Taz

2Aspire
September 29th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Yes that makes sense. Thanks Taz,

Matt

ScarabEpic22
September 29th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Just enter the information on the blue card that came with your V2. Open EFILive V7.5 Scan or Tune, then click Help->Register EFILive and enter the details. Now you dont have to have your V2 plugged into the pc every time, only if you want access to certain tables that are hidden unless your V2 is plugged in (usually ETC tables). Enter this info on as many pcs as you want, but remember it will only work with your V2.