PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an experienced tunner in Austin, Tx

warpdriv
October 2nd, 2011, 06:56 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for an experienced tuner to help me with a couple settings on my conversion. I have put an 04 LS1/4L60 DBW into a 95 land cruiser and need some tweeks.

First: I need the idle to be set to 777 rpm

Second: The computer thinks the throttle is 100% open when actually the throttle pedal is about 50% down. I need this to be changed to be more accurate. So when the throttle is half way down, the computer see 50%.

Please call me on my cell, 512-431-8071

Thank you,
Jeff

joecar
October 3rd, 2011, 05:02 AM
Hi Jeff,

Edit: what was the donor vehicle...?

If you have a Gen III/LS1, then:
- there is a table for desired idle speed, B4603;
- your throttle cable is either stretching apart or needs adjustment.

Ah silly me I missed "DBW" in your post :doh2: please just ignore my reply.

Taz
October 3rd, 2011, 07:27 AM
Hello Jeff,

I take it your 2004 LS1 is from a Corvette. The OS, TAC, and APP should also be Corvette variants - to ensure DBW compatibility.

Where is the wiring harness from ?? Confirm the APP connector is "pinned" for a Corvette - trucks are different.

Regards,
Taz

warpdriv
October 4th, 2011, 03:23 AM
I have an LS1 from an 04 Avalance truck. The harness is from PSI Conversions. All components are from the truck.

Rereading my post, I need to claify that I am looking for someone to do the work for me.

Thank you.

Taz
October 4th, 2011, 03:43 AM
Hello Jeff,

I'm sure someone will offer their services ... I don't conduct any business as a result of Forum discussion ... keeps my motives altruistic.

Just a point of clarification ... to aid in future communications here, or with your eventual tuner. Trucks were never equipped with the LS1 engine.

Your Avalanche engine is a 5.3 L .... and is either an LM7 (VIN "T") or an L59 (VIN "Z").

Regards,
Taz

minytrker
October 4th, 2011, 03:51 AM
I am in College Station but doing do tuning in Austin.

warpdriv
October 8th, 2011, 03:02 AM
Hi Taz, thank you for the clarification.