PDA

View Full Version : Trying to track down a little rattle

JustinD
October 3rd, 2011, 06:50 AM
Just installed a II Silver bullet 66 and an LBZ regulator, truck seems to rattle a little right before it comes into boost??? If I highlight the RPM range where I think its rattling in the log it highlights certain cells in certain tables in the tune, I Don't remember how to use this function are those the cells that are being used in this rpm range??? Also where should I look to stop the rattling?? Fuel pressure? MAF? Timing?? Im not sure where to look.

06redram
October 3rd, 2011, 07:36 AM
Are you running aftermarket injectors if so what size? Just trying to help the person out when they chime in.

JustinD
October 3rd, 2011, 07:53 AM
No stock injectors LB7 pump with LBZ reg.

Dmaxink
October 3rd, 2011, 08:15 AM
can you post the log and tell me what frame to look under? When it is rattling is it under heavy smoke? Did you modify the maf table? I'll be happy to help

JustinD
October 3rd, 2011, 08:54 AM
It seems to rattle before it comes into boost, and at an idle it seems a little loud too, alot smoother with the LBZ reg just rattly...... If you look like say between 1700rpm and say 2200rpm thats where it really starts building boost, I can't hear it rattling there but it may be just the turbo is too loud to hear it?? If you need anymore info please message me, or if I can think of anything else I'll let you know.

Thanks for looking
Justin

JustinD
October 3rd, 2011, 09:02 AM
I'd say frame 23-28 thats about where it rattles and if your going easy then you hammer it quick it will rattle until the charger lights. If I roll into it easy it doesn't make as much noise.

Thanks again

JustinD
October 3rd, 2011, 11:43 PM
Thanks Kory!

Dmaxink
October 4th, 2011, 03:00 AM
did it work for you? better? Worse? Same...i do what i can to help out!

JustinD
October 4th, 2011, 03:21 AM
Haven't tried it yet. I'll let you know when I do.

Thanks again.

JustinD
October 4th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Changed the fuel filter and its quiet?????????? I do have the Nicktane adapter with 2 micron CAT filter, I thought too much fuel made it rattle???? Explains why no matter what we did it rattled.