PDA

View Full Version : Smokey Tunes

SmokeSmacked02
October 3rd, 2011, 09:16 AM
After running a smoke tune as a base on my buddies 04 LB7 he wanted less smoke from his truck so I have tried running multiple base tunes and have tried cleaning them up but nothing seems to help to much. We put his stock tune back on the truck and it still smokes quite a bit. About 2,000 miles ago I did a head gasket job for him and in the process found that the injectors were 1/2 to 3/4 cloged up with grit and trash. After everything was put back together and cleaned I did notice a little more injector noise but the truck still runs very strong it just looks kind of junkie going down the road at 1/4 throttle spitting smoke out. I am not sure if the problem lies within the injectors or just the tuning? I am just starting off with EFI Live and know the basics of it but i know that there is no reason for the truck to be smoking on a stock and economy tune. Any help and comments would be very appretiated.

Dmaxink
October 3rd, 2011, 09:29 AM
if it is your tune feel free to post the tune..i do not mind looking it over for you. Make sure maf sensor is clean along with a fresh filter.

THEFERMANATOR
October 3rd, 2011, 11:59 AM
Also check the intercooler tubes for holes by the power steering lines. Since you say it smokes on th stock tune I would venture to say your losaing boost after the turbo.

SmokeSmacked02
October 3rd, 2011, 12:57 PM
Today we cleaned the MAF sensor and i had a good clean air filter laying around and it didn't seem to do much if anything but i will post one DSP5 tune that I think might be a little better and maybe you could tell me if I am in the right direction and i will post his stock tune or not and to THEFERMANATOR i looked over the intercooler boots and tubes over today and couldn't see anything that would cause this problem.

12060 This is a tune i have tweeked a little bit

12061 This is his stock tune its in a DSP5 format because thats all I have

THEFERMANATOR
October 3rd, 2011, 04:50 PM
It is a VERY common issue for the intercooler tube to get rubbed through on the drivers side where the power steering line passes by it. With a stock tune it must see an increase in airflow from teh MAF for the ECM to allow enough fuel to be injected to smoke much. If you have a boost leak after the turbo the ECM will inject fuel thinking it has boost when in reality it doesn't since the ECM primarily uses boost pressure readings for diagnostics and bases max fuel off of the MAF reading.